1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone use a Hi-Lift type jack on their suburban?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by EdPDX, Mar 19, 2010.

1. EdPDX

EdPDX New Member

If so, how is this accomplished? I'd like to scrap the scissors jack and find a reasonably portable replacement that will get some air. The floor jack I have just gets tires off the ground. I have a farm hi-lift; but cant figure a safe way to use it on my 98 Suburban.

Any good ideas for a replacement. Either way, I may end up carrying, as a permanent part of my jacking gear, one (1) HD jack stand. Bulky yes; but I generally end up on a soft shoulder, and that is not the place to trust a single jack.

Ed
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

If its a real highlift jack they make a couple attachments for it, theres a bumper atachment and theres a wheel attachment, look at Highlifts website for accesories.
  3. Kraziken

Kraziken New Member

Anyone else running a moderate lift? I haven't tested it, but I suspect the scissor jack I have won't do squat for me if I actually have a flat.

Hi lift seems like it might work, it just doesn't seem very secure. In some off road forums, I think I've seen an accessory that works with some jeep jacks, it looks like just a platform you can stick under the normal jack to give it more range.