1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone use Diablosport Predator programmer?

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by 08whitez71, May 8, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. 08whitez71

08whitez71 New Member

I have just installed a predator programmer and saw very little difference in performance. Has anyone else done this? It seemed to accellerate in the higher rpm's a little quicker but not $300 worth of gain. Did I do something wrong?
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Is your truck a gasser or diesel?
  3. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

DiabloSport Predator Experiences

I am looking at my next investment being my first performance upgrade - a programmer. As of now, I am leaning toward the DiabloSport Predator. It seems like a good unit, and I like the fact that it can program my truck to run on E85 fuel (if Alberta ever gets an E85 station). I just want to see if anyone has any experience with the Predator or suggestions before I go shell out $400+ (Canadian) for this unit. Thanks.

I know there are already threads about these things, but the more recent, the better.
  4. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout New Member 100 Posts

You really don't gain a whole lot from handhelds....unless you have a diesel. We are talking gains, for gas engines, of about 10 HP at max.
  5. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member 100 Posts

read my review on wait4meperformance in the reviews section
  6. Project1

Project1 New Member 100 Posts

10hp is better than nothing but if you spend too much it may be dissappointing
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

DiabloSport Predator Experiences

As Ive posted before I love my Diablo because of all the fine tuning you can do yourself. You have to take the time to play with it but its fun. I gave cascott325 some tuning tips with his and he says hes happy with the mods. Ive tried the other programmers and even custom tunes but I like the Diablo best.
  8. lsharrin

lsharrin New Member

i have a superchips on mine.. i like it more than the diablo i had.. better performance and internet upgradeable
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Diablosport Predator Experiances

The newer Diablo Predators are internet upgradable and hold up to 5 custom tunes. Shop around your local and mail order Diablo tuners for best price and tunes.
  10. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think im going to go with the diablo - but I'll wait until the contest is over (in case i win that programmer):lol:. And my budget is a bit tight. I turn 16 and will start actually driving in 2 weeks - gas and insurance. yay. and i just spent $140 on detailing supplies today. So, all in time.