1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

anyone use the carbon fiber sheets for interior upgrades

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by dadngt, Apr 30, 2012.

1. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Dry-Blac...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

I've seen this stuff before on ebay just wondering if anyone has used it as an option over painting their interior parts. Just noticed you can cover exterior parts also hmmm maybe an option for a hood scoop lol. Thinking about trying it out guess it will stick on the textured interior parts.
  2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

If you want a more professional look you might try looking into the hydrographics. Theres a diy kit they call MYDIPKIT.Com there is also a video on youtube that shows you how its done. Doesnt look all that hard. Ive got a kit with the $100 bills but havent tried it yet.. Just a thought
  3. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks I'll check it out. I'm a little worried about wrinkles when wrapping arround a curved piece.
  4. JayBee

JayBee New Member

Miguires (sp) has a carbon fiber kit that I'm gonna try. If it turns out okay I'll post up some pics. If not. Oh well just trying something new.
  5. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I've used the 3-m vinyl wrap on my dash and hood and lower air dam on my truck. Make sure you use a quality vinyl such as 3-m's Di-loc. and get the primer to help adhere the edges. It is easier than you think. I removed my dash trin so as to wrap the edges. Use a heatgun to help form/set the vinyl. Don't use to much heat when applying though, try and stretch it without to much heat. Start with small pieces, learn on them so as to not waste a whole sheet. Did my rear tail gate latch also! And the good thing is you can remove it later with no problems!
  6. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

2nd the heatgun or a hair dryer when applying... Will make it more pliable. It is easier than you'd think.