1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone want a SMOKING deal on a NEW 2011 Chevy Camaro Convertible? Check This Out!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Camaro Forum' started by ChevyFan, Feb 5, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Just today (2/5/2014) I was just chatting with the General Sales Manager at Friendly Chevrolet in Dallas, Texas. Due to some type of database error, they have on their lot a NEW & UNTITLED 2011 Chevrolet Camaro LT Convertible that they're asking under $30k for. This is a great deal for anyone and the dealer IS going to lose money on it ... but they just need to get it off their lots.

There is no telling what went wrong on their system, but until earlier today their team discovered that the listing on the website was all wrong. It was showing the wrong color, wrong trim package, wrong vin and some of the photos were wrong. However, they got all of that straight and they are confirming that somehow they still have a very nice and NEW 2011 Camaro LT Convertible on their lot.

It's been on their lot for a very long time, maybe 2.5 years or more and it's just one of those very rare vehicles that fall through the cracks.

Here are the facts ... if you are interested then I suggest that you call ASAP ... and if you do call please tell them that you heard about it from Steve on GMTruckClub.com. I don't get anything out of this, just the General Sales Manager did promise me lunch, so I guess I do get something but I'm not getting a finders fee or anything.

NEW 2011 Chevrolet Camaro LT Convertible
    SALE: $29,988
    MSRP: $40,370
    Color: Black Exterior / Grey Interior
    Engine: 3.6L w/ 6-speed Manual Transmission
    Warranty: 5 year / 100,000 Factory GM Warranty starts when you buy it.
    Miles: 309 MILES!

Now that they have fixed all of the issues with this listing on the website, and they dropped the price on this new Camaro with 300 miles on it to be about what you would pay for a used 30,000 mile 2011 Camaro ... I SUGGEST YOU CONTACT THEM ASAP IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

http://www.friendlychevy.com/web/new/Chevrolet-Camaro-2011-Dallas-Texas/1644607

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious to know what they end up selling it for. At some point it will get snatched up, just a question of when I suppose.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks like a great deal. Too bad I still have a number of payments left on the truck. It would be a nice road trip to drive that home too.
  3. ChevyFan

Probably could buy it, drive it to mid summer and sell it for what you paid for it.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

This is one of those "lost" cars that end up being a great deal for someone.
    To bad the wife turned her nose up at the mention of being a 6spd manual, the price is right and it has alot going for it.
  5. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would have been interested if it was a V8. But I also promised myself I would never buy "New" GM. That is a great deal though.
  6. ChevyFan

That v6 is 315 hp ... That's quite a few horses and you can reel it in and get better mpg if you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a video of the v6 auto version of this vehicle going 146. Notice the turn signals lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJf-uHPbO14
  7. ChevyFan

8. ChevyFan

I checked their website and it's still for sale. I'd love to have someone from this site be the one who gets that deal made.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sorry I can't fit in it......:neutral:
  10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It might be a fast v6.. But in my opinion a muscle car just isn't a muscle car without 8 cylinders...love the camaro look and still they have no legroom in the back seats just like the 78 I had. [MENTION=34858]Enkeiavalanche[/MENTION], if you can't fit in the front can you imagine in the back..:lol::happy::lol::shocked: