1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone watching Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Enkeiavalanche, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

2. forsakendemon

forsakendemon New Member

3. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

thanks for the links.............wish I were there just to say I got there in my
    lifetime.....Brian
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have business that takes me to Phoenix fairly regularly and I'll stay in Scottsdale if there's something interesting going on there ... but if not I avoid it because it's kinda tourist trappy and lame. Sadly I'm stuck at home right now.
  5. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I take it you are not one for crowds !!???? Brian
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Wow! That truck is pretty sweet. I wonder what size the tires are, it does not say in the description. I don't think anything is factory on the thing. A custom stainless steel frame! I wonder what transfercase they put in it. They new front axle has the diff located on the passenger side not the drivers side as I have seen most solid axle swaps.
  7. SurrealOne

I saw that, too, Pikey. It's well past what I consider 'reasonable' in terms of mods, but some of the things on that truck were just incredible.

@silverhobey, I can be alone in a crowd; they don't bother me. The trouble with tourist trappy places is that they cater to what they believe tourists want instead of just being true to whatever's local -- in an effort to suck money out of people's pockets. San Antonio, TX's "Riverwalk" (which I used to live 1.5 hours from) is this way, as is Scottsdale, AZ. I don't much care for Orlando, FL for the same reason. And then there's the undisputed king of tourist-trappy -- Las Vegas, NV. :)
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

:sign0018:

I guess the first 2014 Corvette is supposed to be auctioned off there ... but I didn't read the details on when it was going to be auctioned.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well it will be back on in about 20 mins...

- - - Updated - - -

ok the VW 21 window bus is coming up.. How much do you think it wil go for?

- - - Updated - - -

bump see above
  10. SurrealOne

Looks like ~52k. There's another one on Thursday's list.

Personally the car I'm curious about is Lot 750.1 ... an unrestored, all-original, numbers matching 1969 monza red Camazro Z/28 in pristine condition. It's an amazing, unmolested specimen.