Anyone watching Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Enkeiavalanche, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

2. forsakendemon

forsakendemon New Member

3. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

thanks for the links.............wish I were there just to say I got there in my
    lifetime.....Brian
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I have business that takes me to Phoenix fairly regularly and I'll stay in Scottsdale if there's something interesting going on there ... but if not I avoid it because it's kinda tourist trappy and lame. Sadly I'm stuck at home right now.
  5. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

I take it you are not one for crowds !!???? Brian
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member

Wow! That truck is pretty sweet. I wonder what size the tires are, it does not say in the description. I don't think anything is factory on the thing. A custom stainless steel frame! I wonder what transfercase they put in it. They new front axle has the diff located on the passenger side not the drivers side as I have seen most solid axle swaps.
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I saw that, too, Pikey. It's well past what I consider 'reasonable' in terms of mods, but some of the things on that truck were just incredible.

@silverhobey, I can be alone in a crowd; they don't bother me. The trouble with tourist trappy places is that they cater to what they believe tourists want instead of just being true to whatever's local -- in an effort to suck money out of people's pockets. San Antonio, TX's "Riverwalk" (which I used to live 1.5 hours from) is this way, as is Scottsdale, AZ. I don't much care for Orlando, FL for the same reason. And then there's the undisputed king of tourist-trappy -- Las Vegas, NV. :)
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

:sign0018:

I guess the first 2014 Corvette is supposed to be auctioned off there ... but I didn't read the details on when it was going to be auctioned.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Well it will be back on in about 20 mins...

- - - Updated - - -

ok the VW 21 window bus is coming up.. How much do you think it wil go for?

- - - Updated - - -

bump see above
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Looks like ~52k. There's another one on Thursday's list.

Personally the car I'm curious about is Lot 750.1 ... an unrestored, all-original, numbers matching 1969 monza red Camazro Z/28 in pristine condition. It's an amazing, unmolested specimen.
  11. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

12. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Not me......
  13. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

A few nice rides tonight.. Sat is the day to watch..
  14. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Someone got that pristine 69 Camaro Z/28 for 46,200. What a steal -- that's a 55-60k car.
  15. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

I see that 454 Sub only went for $14.300 not too bad... Many other good buys..
  16. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator