Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

anyone with an afm 5.3L that is going the distance?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by yotchie, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Cowpie

Cowpie Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Yeah, and don't forget to factor in that only a small percentage of owners even frequent forums like this and know what is being talked about regarding their engines. In all honesty, I am not sure that the oil eating issue is as wide spread as it would seem from the forums. My dealer claims no one has had an issue. But he is not a mega dealer in a major city. Like I stated. It was cost effective to reduce the risk of a problem. But the oil eating issue was secondary to my wanting all 8 cylinders working all the time.

2. yotchie

yotchie Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks for all the responses. i have to agree that most people who dont have the issue have no reason to talk about it. not all people who like and or drive chevy's post on forums let alone just one. i figured the positive side needed some exposure lol