1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

anyone with info - lowering a '93 2wd Suburban

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by nitrozamboni, Oct 7, 2009.

1. nitrozamboni

nitrozamboni New Member

I'd like to lower my 2wd '93 Sub a few inches. Anyone out there have any advice or experience doing this?:sign0144:
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I recently lowered my 85 6pack Dually other than being heavier duty than yours the suspension is a lot alike.
    The front wasnt bad I used a Bell Tech spindle kit and Firestone 500C bags in place of the coils, a shop later put in Long travel upper and lower "A" arms and long travel ball joints.
    On the rear I installed a Lowered Concepts 4 link system and Firestone 500c bags. I put in a 4" "C" notch to allow a little more rear articulation and added dual CV joints at both ends of the driveshaft to avoid vibration.
    My original intention was to lower the truck around 3-4" with adjustability in the height via the air bags, obviously this isnt where things ended up.
    I'd recommend looking at the Bell Tech spindles, you can add air bags later if you want to go lower.
    For the rear Bell Tech offers a couple different methods but I like the spring hangers best.
  3. nitrozamboni

nitrozamboni New Member

Hi and thanks for the info,
    I'll check all that out. Don't think I want to get as extreme as that but then you didn't when you started either, right?:lol:
    Lee