April ROTM 2010

Discussion in 'Ride Of The Month' started by Pete95Sierra, Apr 1, 2010.

?

April 2010 ROTM

Poll closed May 1, 2010.
  1. 97ChevZ71

65 vote(s)
    63.1%
  2. Rmagni

17 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. Zackyv55146

21 vote(s)
    20.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Last month was a great race!! here are April's nominees. Vote away people's!!!

97Chevz71 - 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rmagni - 2008 Chevy Silverado
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zackyv55146 - 1988 GMC Sierra
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2010
  2. vaugeois1985

vaugeois1985 New Member

the first pic caliper reflecting off the lip of the rim thats smooth

3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I must have missed something, what happened to all the replies on this thread? The last time I saw it there was at least 3 pages of replies. I work 3 12 hour shifts on the weekends and don't always see everything that's posted so just wondering what happened. Seems like it's a runaway now too, last time I got to check it was a 2 way race. Not trying to imply anything it just seems a little weird, ROTM'S are a pretty cool feature, kind of a shame for it to be so messed up.

4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It's not messed up.

It had potentially become a flame war, and the poll was temporarily closed.

Due to the fact that there was still time left in the poll it was reopened and all comments, relevant or not were deleted.

5. Squee

Squee New Member

I'm not a big fan of regular cabs, or even two-tone paint jobs for that matter, but TYMBOM's truck looks mean. Mean enough to bully me into voting for it.

6. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

7. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Just to let everyone know TYMBOM has been banned from GMtruckclub.com.

8. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Disqualified ROTM member

You are correct, allow me to explain why this happened.

A great deal of you probably noticed a few days back that an antagonistic post was made by TYMBOM regarding the fairness of the ROTM, and he further went on to embellish the truth regarding his interactions with the moderating staff. Stating that he had contacted the mods and gotten no response.
    This dialog and further comments were deleted and the poll closed temporarily. The following day the poll was reopened and the voting process began again.

At this time TYMBOM was behind in the polls and prior to this polls received little daily activity. Within a day TYMBOM jumped in the polls by 13 votes. This is not uncommon, but unlikely this late in the month. Voting and thread views continued to rise at an exceptional rate. Much higher than would be expected for a poll running so late in it's course.

About 2 days ago I began watching TYMBOM's activities on the site. He had taken to PM'ing members as they entered the site, and suggesting that they should vote in the ROTM poll. He further went on in his PM's to suggest which vehicle is his.

Let me say, I have no issue with promoting a site event such as ROTM. I do however have a problem with trying to influence the vote. We take the ROTM very seriously, after all you can only be the ROTM winner once. Considering the size of the GMTC family (it's members) it's truly an honor to be nominated, let alone win the ROTM title.

As of early this morning one of the moderating staff has banned TYMBOM for spamming PM's and attempting to influence the outcome of an official GMTC contest.

If any of you have questions and concerns outside of what has been stated here please feel free to PM a moderator. Comments, concerns and questions about this can be posted in this thread, but as with any other post in the forum it should be done with tact. Inflammatory posts will be deleted and infractions given.

We are not looking to hide this issue, and welcome discussion, however just keep it civilized.

9. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That's too bad, hate to see anyone get banned. I'll miss the "TYMBOM". :neutral:

10. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

TYMBOM did have a nice truck, but 97chevz71 is so clean. That was one of the reasons I voted for the older truck. And Im into 4x4 action not speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.