GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Are Equalizers still around or are they "Old School" ?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by sstoner911, Dec 7, 2010.

1. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member

Years ago I had a equalizer in my car, however, in the last 10 years I havent seen anyone with one or even mention them when designing a new system.

I am considering getting one however my Pioneer deck(avh-P6000DVD) has a pretty good setup for custom tuning lows highs etc so I dont know if one would even benefit me.

Shawn
  2. WestCoastColy

WestCoastColy New Member

They're still around. Most are now located within the head units' audio settings of top-of-the-line models fromKenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, etc. However, car audio has now moved into the digital age with the invention of digital sound processors (DSP) that can adjust frequencies automatically on the fly. There are also more advanced equalizers from AudioControl.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

As said above.. I have not sold one in over 10 years.. Most good head units have them built in along with crossovers you can customize the sound the way you like it..Adding something between the radio and a amp could also bring you some noise in the system that you don't want..
  4. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich New Member

My JVC has a lot of built in features that an equalizer can do plus some more. Does a pretty darn good job too.
  5. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member

Ya my Pioneer has alot of tuning adjustment right down to Q waves... I retuned the deck and sub amp today since it was still tuned for my old box with the Kicler L7 8" subs which made a huge difference....I think I ll put that money towards another toy for the truck!