1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Are Recon tail lights worth the money?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Klutch Mclovin, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin New Member

I'm planning on getting some new tail lights and a 3rd brake light. I was wondering if it was worth $400 just for the Recon name or save $260 by buying a cheap set on eBay. I had a friend who bought a cheap set of smoked tail lights on eBay and he has had them for 3 years without a problem.
  2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member

IMO: You answered your own question... track down the seller who your buddy got his tail lights from, and go that route.
  3. UpsetProps

UpsetProps New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

I have a couple of Recon products on my truck and am happy with them. The only issue I have with buying stuff off of ebay is the warranty. I know there are some members who buy just about everything off of ebay or amazon with great success. I like to be able to go to a place if I have an issue.
  5. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos New Member

I converted all my lighting to RECON lighting, and haven't looked back. They are pricey, but their customer service was outstanding! Had an issue with a faulty L.E.D. kit for my interior, and after talkin with their customer service rep they sent me the replacement part free of charge ($30 kit not including shipping). My wife also went through about 3 pairs of headlights from cheaper companies, and has yet to find a set that works correctly (just food for thought). If yer lookin to save some cash ebay and craigslist are the way to go, just remember you're on your own if you have an issue! Good luck in your search!
  6. AMac

AMac New Member

Are you putting them on your '03 Silverado 1500? If so which ones are you looking at?
    The smoked ones are $300 on Recon's page:
    http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?...-Lights-Chevy-Silvo-GMC-Sierra-99-07&p_cat=44

Get the part number of the lights you want and type it in the search bar at streetsideauto.com
    they have the smoked ones for $234.
    This is who I bought my lights through. They were super fast on shipping and I was very happy with the product. They have built in load resistors so no hyperflashing. I recommend getting bright LED reverse bulbs too.

What site and product were you looking at that made you think they were $400?

Here is a shot of my truck. I went with the smoked ones and am loving them! Paid $265 incl. shipping. and YES they are authentic and not fakes.

3.30.12_SB2.jpg
  7. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin New Member

It was going to be $400 for the dark red smoked tail lights and smoked 3rd brake light .I was looking on amazon and their selling selling the dark red smoked recon tail lights and 3rd brake light for $307 shipped with a warranty so I just might do that. I heard a lot of positive things about recon , but they do hold a somewhat high price to their products. I think im going to get them, because I have a set of altezzas and man they are a pain in the ass.
  8. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

Nice rear end Amac. I hadn't seen any pictures from that angle. You should show that angle more often. And those lights look perfect with your truck. But then you already know that. I still say get some black bumpers and get those nerfs out of your living room... :gasp:
  9. AMac

AMac New Member

LOL...thank you! I'm waiting to receive some swatches to decide if I want to go gloss black or satin black. The satin color matched perfectly but wasn't glossy and I think the gloss may show scratches more. Hopefully within the next few weeks things will start to come together. Including the bumpers and nerf bars I have 4 planned mods in the works. I remembered on the way home that I need to look into ordered LED bulbs for the fog lights so maybe I'll get those on order tonight too.
  10. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts

Just make sure that any tail lights you buy are "DOT approved". If they are not and you happen to be involved in an accident, blame can quickly shift and insurance companies can opt not to pay. Buyer beware.