1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Are Recon tail lights worth the money?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Klutch Mclovin, Apr 4, 2012.

1. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Back in high school i Had smoked lights on my 06 cummins. Some mom from my rival high school runs into the back of me doing like 45 destroyed her car not so much my truck as she just went underneath. She took me to court over it saying my taillights were black and she couldn't see. Long story short Ended up proving that she wasn't paying attention by the fact that her skid marks were only like 15 feet behind my stopped truck. She was on her cell phone, I've never wanted to hit a women but listening to this lady lie to my face about her not being on her phone drove me nuts. I guess some parents are as immature as kids, she knew who my family was and thought she could squeeze money out of us, she ended up buying me my second cobra
  2. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

I think most aftermarket tail lights are DOT approved aren't they?
  3. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

No. Most of the eBay offerings are Chinese made and are "for off road use only". Make sure before you buy!
  4. SWAT13

SWAT13 Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Enough said!!