1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Are the seats lower in the newer tahoes?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Meathead, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Meathead

Meathead New Member

I was reading that seats are getting lower in the newer SUVS to accomodate smaller drivers (women mostly) being able to get into the vehicle easier.

I have a 96 Tahoe and was looking at a 2004 or 2005. Although they are all power seats, the new ones don't sit as high as my 96, in relation to the general seating position that is. Does anyone know how to raise the seats height. Is this a possibility?
  2. dshocker

dshocker New Member

I have not really noticed a difference. This may be due to the fact that I had one of those "low to the ground Yukons" and now I have 4x4 Tahoe. The Tahoe I have now does have 6 way adjustable seats, so you can pretty much get it where you want to. I have no problem with it.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I did see an article a few years ago in which they were discussing the trends that auto makers were focusing on. One of these trends was women driving 4x4 vehicles and SUVs. They were discussing adding options and changing features for smaller drivers, ie women. So it would make sense that you might be in a seat that is configured differently to make it easier for a woman to get into/out of the SUV.
  4. Whudkins

Whudkins New Member

I own a 99 Yukon and a 2005 Suburban. Seating position in the Suburban is in fact lower at it's highest position than in the 99 Yukon. You'd think having adjustable pedals would have been enough without lowering the seating position.
  5. ProzacKid

ProzacKid New Member

Well, it's also a question of being able to climb up into the rig too. Not just comfort when you get there.
  6. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Member Platinum Contributor

Lots of factors that these car companies have to take into consideration. Sometimes the buyer is a big guy who hauls computer equipment around all day. Sometimes it's a soccer mom hauling the kids and groceries.