Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Are there more Trucks and SUVs in the south?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by JollyRoger, Mar 30, 2005.

1. JollyRoger

JollyRoger New Member

What do you think? I've been to NY state and just about 8 out of 10 vehicles is a car. In the south and in the west, it's like 50/50 cars vs. trucks/suvs.

Anyone else agree with this finding?

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I think that's probably right. I've been all over the country from Seattle to LA, Dallas, New York to Orlando. There are definately more trucks and SUVs in the south and in the west than in the north and in the east. Probably about the same ratio that you mentioned.

Maybe someone from the east could give some insight into that better than me, but that's what I experienced.

3. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Being in New Mexico might skew things a bit. There are mountains and farms and a lot of wide open spaces out there. Seems to fit the truck/SUV type more too I guess. I think there are maybe 60/40 for suvs&trucks/cars.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah, I still think that there is a "southern" and "western" mentality that lends itself more to a truck. There is still a lot more space down here than in the East or the Northeast, although there is wide open space in spots up there too.

5. RedNeck

RedNeck New Member

I've been in the south for all of my life. There are more trucks down here than anywhere else I'm convinced.