Are these OEM and do Silverados come with them (GMC Rims)

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Bowtied, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Bowtied

Bowtied Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey guys,

So i found a set of rims i'd like to put on my 04 silverado, thing is they are GMC rims (not that mismatching logos is a big deal to me) but i was wondering, do they come stock on the new GMC trucks, and or Chevy's (or are they from a Texas edition pckg or some such?)

[​IMG]

hopefully these will fit on an 04 silverado without having to jack the truck my stock OEM wheels are 255/65/r16 i believe these were 20's i wasnt smart enough to take a picture of the DOT numbers (edit: it looks like they are 275/55/r16)

if i do have to jack, whats the best way to do that without putting the spacer blocks (those are dangerous from what i understand, correct?)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    ChevyFan likes this.
  2. 4silverado

4silverado Member

Even if they are GMC wheels, you can get either a bowtie or plain center cap on E-bay.

My 03 Silverado had the pitted stock wheels and I found a set of 02 Sierra 16" wheels. They don't look bad with the Silverado center caps.
    wheels 081714.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It didn't look like your picture worked.

ChevyFan likes this.
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Are you asking about.....Factory 20in" Rims, or Factory 16in" Rims???

Pikey and ChevyFan like this.
  4. Bowtied

It appears my image broke from the previous post:

Im wanting to put these NBS GMC rims on my 04 silverado. they are 20" Does Chevy by chance make any? I saw some just like this with a bronzed zinc like paint/powder coating.

will i need a lift?
    [​IMG]

ChevyFan likes this.
  5. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

Chevy makes some similar in a 5 spoke. If you want to put them on your Chevy it wouldn't be too hard to change the center cap. They will fit your 2004 no problem. I had the Chevy version on mine running 275/55/20 with a 2" drop shackle. There was a little rubbing on full lock but it wasn't a big deal. [​IMG]

ChevyFan likes this.
  6. Bowtied

Cheez, thanks for the reply those look GREAT, and have basically solidified my decision to buy these rims.

Now my second question is, because im hoping for a set of rims with tires on them so i can slap them right on, but eventually wish to put some wide walled tires on there to give it that jacked up look, will these rims accept those types of wheels?

I think the most popular type are from a company called Nitto, i'd actually be more interested in a BFGoodrich or Michelin brand of these same style tires

ChevyFan likes this.
  7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Like Cheez
    ......I'm also running with NNBS Chevy 20 in" Wheels, with 275/55/20's Size Tires, and I also have a 2 in" Drop Shackles, and no problems with this Wheel-n-Tire Size Setup.

I would add, You Mentioned Your Current Tire Size is...255/65/16's.....and they have an Overall Diameter of 29.1 in" .......and the 275/55/20's Size Tires have a Overall Diameter of 31.9 in"......with this Change In Tire Size(Going to the 275/55/20's)when your Speedometer Reads 60 MPH....your Actual Speed will be 65.9 MPH....or 9.8% Faster.

You Should and/or Need to have your Speedometer Re-Calibrate
    d, The Reason is.......Your Trucks Computer Calculates the Trucks Speed Based on the Diameter of the Factory/Stock Size Tires.......Installing Taller Tires, the Trucks Computer will Not know How Fast the Truck is Going......As a Result, your Automatic Transmission May Not Shift Correctly and your Speedometer Readings will Not be Accurate (as Required by Law)......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    Pikey likes this.
  8. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm going to second what heartbeat said about the speedometer being off. Mine is about 5 miles off at 60. I usually add about 40 miles to my tank when calculating MPG.

I don't see why you couldn't put a wider tire on these rims. Be warned though, you're not going to be able to get much more tire under the truck without a lift. I use http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-calculator/ to tell the differences between tire sizes.

99'HEARTBEAT likes this.