1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Are you taking a trip this summer?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by ChevyFan, Jun 22, 2007.

Newest Gallery Photos

?

Taking a trip this summer?

Poll closed Sep 20, 2007.
  1. No trips planned for the summer, too busy

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. No trips planned, but probably should

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Driving short-distance trip

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Driving long-distance trip

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  5. Flying to a destination

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hopefully my family can get a short vacation in here sometime this summer. Who else is planning a trip this year?

2. hotwheels93

hotwheels93 Rockstar

I'm already on my summer trip. this is my third, and I now own a timeshare out here...:lol: :lol: :lol: I wish I could have a vacation this summer, but it'll be winter instead.

3. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've got alot to do around the house this summer so it will probably just be weekend trips in the tent trailer:happy:

4. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have to many pets to go on an extended vacation.
    So it will be daytrips for us.:no:

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Were planning a two week trip for early September to Las Vegas, Lake Mead, and Death Valley. We'll drive our Dually with a 50' car trailer so we can bring the boat and one of the rock crawlers.

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, you have to post a pic of that.

7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'll be practice loading it tomorrow. Shouldnt be a problem, the boats 18.5/23 including trailer and the trucks 16.6 bumper to bumper. I got room leftover to bring the bike!!!

8. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Headed for Portland, Or.

I'll be leaving for Portland, Or. on Tuesday. Pulling my '04 Z71 behind my motor home (2007 Winni' Adventurer) w/a 8.1L Chevy motor! Yes I'm expecting to have a pretty big fuel bill before I get this 5000 mile trip made. "Price you pay for the life you lead!", comes to mind! Have a great summer!

9. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Leave the kids and pets behind...A Mommy/Daddy get away :sarcastic: Ya pickin' up what I'm thowin' down :wink:

10. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Took a small trip this past weekend. I turned 40 on Friday and decided I wanted to spend my first over the hill weekend on my motorcycle. Three neighbors and I went to the panhandle to see Paluduro Canyon and Caprock Canyon. Went 935 miles in three days on the back of a 27 year old Honda. Sure felt good to sit in that nice, comfortable seat of the Suburban this morning.