1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Are you working on Christmas Eve?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Jessica1990, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Jessica1990

Jessica1990 New Member

I'm sure most retail workers are, but what about office folks?
    Our office is technically closed but a few of us are going in (time and 1/2) in the morning. If we didn't, (because our work is daily stuff), by Wednesday, we would have a mess on our hands!

2. BlackSmoke*

BlackSmoke* Member 1 Year

I'm not working Christmas Eve because I worked on Thanksgiving Day. I had a choice of getting Christmas Eve off or Thanksgiving.

3. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

I work Christmas Eve and Day. I get double time plus 8 hours paid holiday for each day. I work a total of 16 hours and get paid 48. Perks of working a government job.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm taking a week off work, so no. However, I'll go back to work on the 26th. 2013 will be my year to be self employed (again) hopefully.

5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I don't have to be in the office, but I am "On-Call". We know how that goes.

6. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I finally don't have to work Christmas Eve or day. Only took 9 years of working in the Govt to get those days off lol. Last year I had them off too but was driving across country to relocate. It sure will be nice to not work on Christmas, that's for sure. Been so long, I forgot what people do on that day lmao

7. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan Rockstar 100 Posts

No, our office is closed between 24 - 27.

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

8. gatormike69

gatormike69 Rockstar 100 Posts

Working Christmas eve but I will have Christmas off. The radar doesn't need constant monitoring, they cut us back to admin hours a while back. :eek:uch: Mon-Fri 6-5pm, saved them a bunch of money just in shift differential.

9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm working Christmas Eve and Christmas day, the company I work for stays fully staffed 7 days a week around the clock even on holidays. I deliver, repair, and install Medical Equipment and the need for equipment is even higher during holidays.

10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I will be working Christmas eve and day also. Hospitals always need oxygen.