Are you working on Christmas Eve?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Jessica1990, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Jessica1990

Jessica1990 New Member

I'm sure most retail workers are, but what about office folks?
    Our office is technically closed but a few of us are going in (time and 1/2) in the morning. If we didn't, (because our work is daily stuff), by Wednesday, we would have a mess on our hands!

2. BlackSmoke*

BlackSmoke* Member 1 Year

I'm not working Christmas Eve because I worked on Thanksgiving Day. I had a choice of getting Christmas Eve off or Thanksgiving.

3. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

I work Christmas Eve and Day. I get double time plus 8 hours paid holiday for each day. I work a total of 16 hours and get paid 48. Perks of working a government job.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm taking a week off work, so no. However, I'll go back to work on the 26th. 2013 will be my year to be self employed (again) hopefully.

5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

I don't have to be in the office, but I am "On-Call". We know how that goes.

6. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I finally don't have to work Christmas Eve or day. Only took 9 years of working in the Govt to get those days off lol. Last year I had them off too but was driving across country to relocate. It sure will be nice to not work on Christmas, that's for sure. Been so long, I forgot what people do on that day lmao

7. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan Rockstar 100 Posts

No, our office is closed between 24 - 27.

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

8. gatormike69

gatormike69 Rockstar 100 Posts

Working Christmas eve but I will have Christmas off. The radar doesn't need constant monitoring, they cut us back to admin hours a while back. :eek:uch: Mon-Fri 6-5pm, saved them a bunch of money just in shift differential.

9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm working Christmas Eve and Christmas day, the company I work for stays fully staffed 7 days a week around the clock even on holidays. I deliver, repair, and install Medical Equipment and the need for equipment is even higher during holidays.

10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I will be working Christmas eve and day also. Hospitals always need oxygen.