1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Are you working on Christmas Eve?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Jessica1990, Dec 14, 2012.

1. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Good for you, Steve......self employment shows determination......Happy early 2013....Brian

- - - Updated - - -

Off Christmas Day and Christmas Everyone.....our factory is partially
    Running before and after the holidays, I am lucky enough to only be
    Working 32to 34 hours total in the next 18 days!!!!
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm not working the holiday ... but I'm taking zero time off around it.
  3. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'm working Christmas eve and day but im getting double time and a half for working and we all get 4 hours off work at some point during Christmas day.
  4. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Work both days. Christmas eve is straight time and Christmas day is time and a half. Used to be double time and a half if you worked but the company switched security contractors so the money went with it.
  5. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

CChristmas Eve til 3 then back to normal 26th. Womp womp womp...
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

not to make you all to jealous, but im taking leave from the 20th thru the 11th.:great:

I wont be working at all for 3 weeks... :party:

Alex
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Anyone on active duty facing a deployment deserves to be with their family this time of year.
    Enjoy it as much as you can because you never know where you'll find yourself next year during the holidays.
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm not jealous because you will still be performing 'work'. You have a kid, after all ... and honeydo's. Id rather go to work and get paid than have to do that kind of work ... for free!
    :lol:
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

be that as it may, we are headed to minnesota for the 3 weeks. wont be to many honey dos, cause we wont be home for me to do them!

Alex
  10. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I'm a union man and if we don't work we don't get payed. The Holidays are without pay for us (unless we work & then it's double time, but no one wants to pay that so we don't get anything.)