ARH - Installation and Review

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by TimTom64b, Jul 3, 2012.

1. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

My ARH are coming... hopefully Friday. Thought I would document my installation, thoughts and overall review their product. Keep in mind I will not be biased in any way... if I feel they are not worth our hard earned $$$ I will say it that way.

Ok... first note I ordered them last week... was hoping to already have them but they had to special fabricate the Y pipe for my truck. Called them yesterday said I should have them Friday or Monday.
  2. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

Called them on Friday... the are still fabricating my kit. Hopefully will ship on monday.
  3. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

Awesome, can't wait for your review. I want to do this mod myself.
  4. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

My headers are coming tomorrow... :) I will post some pics.
  5. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

Receive my ARH exhaust kit on Friday... now all I have to do is decide to replace the O2 sensors or not. Here are some pic of the mock setup.

ARH_Side1.jpg ARH_Rear1.jpg ARH_Front1.jpg
  6. jnbama

jnbama Member

I'm no Mech. but will it mess up your engine without the sensors? send a video if can after installation would like to hear it, Good Luck!
  7. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

I have read where some experience dummy light triggers on and off from the after cat sensors... but those have nothing to really do with the fuel mixture. I will let everyone know how things go... and will post some more pics thru the process of installing them... and if possible a video of the sound before and after. I can't wait to get them installed... I have always been a power monger. How does that song go... a girl can never be to pretty... a car/truck can never have enough power in my book...:gasp:
  8. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member

The after cat sensors are only to keep track of the cat's performance. The front sensors are the ones the PCM uses to monitor the f/a ratio.

I would reuse the trucks old sensors when you add the new pipes. There will be some oil/other coatings on the inside of the pipes, let this residue burn off for a few days/weeks and then install new front sensor(s).
  9. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

Ordered my O2 sensors, header bolt kit and other necessities for the install. Hopefully will have these installed in a week or two.
  10. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

Sorry not pics yet... I will get some tomorrow... I promise. Anyway, I love my headers... I am thinking this is the single best customization I have done. This really brings the truck to life. Now when I see a mustang, camaro at an intersection and they try to outrun you... and you actually pull away from them it is awesome... :) The only downside is I still get lean codes periodically... with the trinity I keep increasing the fuel mixture a little at a time... but Im thinking I am going with a custom program.