ARH - Installation and Review

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by TimTom64b, Jul 3, 2012.

1. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

My ARH are coming... hopefully Friday. Thought I would document my installation, thoughts and overall review their product. Keep in mind I will not be biased in any way... if I feel they are not worth our hard earned $$$ I will say it that way.

Ok... first note I ordered them last week... was hoping to already have them but they had to special fabricate the Y pipe for my truck. Called them yesterday said I should have them Friday or Monday.

2. TimTom64b

Called them on Friday... the are still fabricating my kit. Hopefully will ship on monday.

3. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Awesome, can't wait for your review. I want to do this mod myself.

4. TimTom64b

My headers are coming tomorrow... :) I will post some pics.

5. TimTom64b

Receive my ARH exhaust kit on Friday... now all I have to do is decide to replace the O2 sensors or not. Here are some pic of the mock setup.

ARH_Side1.jpg ARH_Rear1.jpg ARH_Front1.jpg

6. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I'm no Mech. but will it mess up your engine without the sensors? send a video if can after installation would like to hear it, Good Luck!

7. TimTom64b

I have read where some experience dummy light triggers on and off from the after cat sensors... but those have nothing to really do with the fuel mixture. I will let everyone know how things go... and will post some more pics thru the process of installing them... and if possible a video of the sound before and after. I can't wait to get them installed... I have always been a power monger. How does that song go... a girl can never be to pretty... a car/truck can never have enough power in my book...:gasp:

8. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The after cat sensors are only to keep track of the cat's performance. The front sensors are the ones the PCM uses to monitor the f/a ratio.

I would reuse the trucks old sensors when you add the new pipes. There will be some oil/other coatings on the inside of the pipes, let this residue burn off for a few days/weeks and then install new front sensor(s).

9. TimTom64b

Ordered my O2 sensors, header bolt kit and other necessities for the install. Hopefully will have these installed in a week or two.

10. TimTom64b

Sorry not pics yet... I will get some tomorrow... I promise. Anyway, I love my headers... I am thinking this is the single best customization I have done. This really brings the truck to life. Now when I see a mustang, camaro at an intersection and they try to outrun you... and you actually pull away from them it is awesome... :) The only downside is I still get lean codes periodically... with the trinity I keep increasing the fuel mixture a little at a time... but Im thinking I am going with a custom program.