1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Arkansas Trip

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by GaryL, Jan 5, 2007.

1. GaryL

GaryL New Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

A friend of mine is getting married on January 27 in Fayetteville, AR so a few of my neighbors and I are planning a road trip up there to attend. I will be taking the Suburban and the other two are planning on riding their motorcycles (weather permitting of course) because they really want to ride some of the roads through the mountains of Arkansas. I have been elected chase vehicle. I'll take some pictures and let everyone know how the trip was when it's over.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Sounds like fun. I show 320 miles North by Northeast. Is this your route?

[​IMG]
  3. GaryL

We haven't selected a route yet. I am sure they will want to take the twistiest one available for the bike ride.
  4. ChevyFan

ok, that's probably not the route I've shown then. :)

Love your new avatar. :)
  5. GaryL

I thought you might get a kick out of that one. I found my original one on my machine, so I put it on photobucket and got it working again.
  6. ChevyFan

I was going to ask if you had gone on your trip yet, but it looks like you've got another week or so ...
  7. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

My trip though AR.

My Dad came from Arkansas. A little town called Yellville. Today it has a population of about 2000, not much more than it did when he was a boy. Small town America, famous for it's annual Turkey Trot. Even though it is just a blip on the map, Yellville does have a presence on the web at http://www.yellvilleweb.com I think it is cute that on their 'driving distances' graphic, California destinations are missing. I imagine them saying something like: "Why on earth would you want to go any farther than Kansas City?"

Back in the mid 80's I blew through Arkansas on a cross country road trip. California to Pennsylvania. I was taking my new 85 IROC out for a run to a Camaro club meet. Made Penn. in 3 days. I was racing a 911 across Arkansas and was taken aback by the beauty of the state. It was an eye opener for me to see vast open expanses of lush green landscapes, and I was impressed how clean the roadways were. It was then that I decided that I needed to travel more. California is beautiful in it's own right, but it doesn't own the franchise if you know what I mean.:biggrin:

Driving Distances from
    Yellville, Arkansas
    City ................................Distance
    Atlanta, Georgia
    ..............673 miles SE
    Chicago, Illinois ...............612 miles NE
    Dallas, Texas ..................447 miles SW
    Kansas City, Missouri
    ........278 miles NW
    Little Rock, Arkansas .........142 miles S
    Memphis, Tennessee .........221 miles SE
    New Orleans, Louisiana...... 609 miles SE