1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

ArmorAll Opinions

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by MTM, Apr 17, 2012.

1. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Okay i just want to know what everyone thinks of armorall. All I've ever heard is that it cracks your dash and doesn't do anything but make your interior shiny. I use just a general store bought cleaner because it make my interior clean....but not going to lie i love the shine armorall leaves. I would like to know if anyone has used something that they really like

2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

ArmorAll has a cleaner wipe that works well and doesn't leave everything feeling well, slimy.

3. MTM

Okay. Any thoughts on the dash cracking myth?

4. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

5. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've never heard that before, and would attribute cracking dashes to the effect of sun on plastic. I guess it's possible, but have never heard anyone make that claim before.

6. MTM

I think i have used that stuff before. I have used simple green and mean green and they work great for actually getting the interior crazy clean. But i would like something to protect in sense but not sure whats best

7. BASSIST

BASSIST Rockstar 100 Posts

It's a silicone based product. It holds the heat in the plastics not allowing it to breathe. I just use a mild all purpose cleaner mixed with water to clean mine.

8. MTM

Makes total sense to the myth of dashes cracking. Can't release heat so in turn they crack. Think ill stick to just an all purpose cleaner

9. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

10. MTM

I will have to give that a try next time a but cleaning products