1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ArmorAll Opinions

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by MTM, Apr 17, 2012.

1. EastCoastSlide

EastCoastSlide New Member

I picked up a tip from a buddy to use the pledge all surface spray and it works great! Keeps off dust and leaves no residue. Plus it keeps your truck smelling fresh:great:
  2. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member

I use pledge all purpose. Makes my truck shine and smell great. Was recommended by a friend so I gave it a shot...no complaints here
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Have detailed cars for many years NEVER used AA on anything on the inside of a car.. If anything Just tires...
  4. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have heard and seen the negative affects of ArmorAll. And I don't not use it on anything but my tires. I have never found a product that I like as much for tires than AA. Although I must admit, I have not tried any of the new product out today. Does anyone have any they could recommend I try?
  5. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Member

I am not an AA fan either, shiny slimy gunk is not attractive and I have heard from a lot of people about the cracking so I stay away. I am a huge fan of 303 aerospace protectant. i use it on my tonneau cover and all plastic trim, been very happy it hydrates the dull look and claims to protect from UV damage. a little pricy but worth it in my book
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I use Tire Wet on my tires. AMac asked me how I get them so black, so I suppose that's confidence-inspiring. It seems to last a good while, even in the crazy heat we've been having in the southeast.
  7. rotti

rotti New Member

On my truck I have a Four Wheel Camper that has pop up vinyl sides. They specifically say NOT to use AA. This is from their web site:

"When you have the camper stored, pop it up at least once a month and let it air out. Every six months, wash the outside with simple soap and water and then treat it with 303 Aerospace Protectant (http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=428). 303 also makes a great cleaner. DO NOT USE Armor AllĀ® on anything. This will destroy the liner over time. Follow these steps and your liner will stay in great shape over the years for you."
  8. Big_Mike

Big_Mike New Member

Well, I've never heard of problems with Armor All before... I use it some. Not that I am disagreeing with what has been said... Looks like I will have to do some research on it. From use on my vehicles, I haven't had any problems with it... Still though, this makes a good discussion...
  9. Big_Mike

Big_Mike New Member

Following up on my last reply, here's a bit of research I did. I went straight to the source, Armor All's website. Here's the link: http://www.armorall.com/faq/interior.php#answer11 The company claims that no damage should result from use of their products in their FAQ section. Here's my suggestion... If you don't feel comfortable using it, find something else you trust, like what has been mentioned by the other members here. The other products look to be high quality, being from other reputable name brands. Hope that helps.
  10. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

I too, hate the greasy feeling that AA leaves and I really hate it when the few times I go to a car wash, they grease everything up. I stopped using any products on my dash at all. The dash is suppose to be a matte finish so it refect's less light that comes in from your window making it harder to see through the window at certain angles.

I just use a good citrus cleaner diluted out to wipe the dust off every so often.

No the tires are a hole other story. I still won't use AA on tires because the alcohol in AA will turn your tires brown and make them look dirtier than they are as the shine wears out.

A local place carries both alcohol and water based tire shine and I actually like the water base better. I really get a mirror like finish that lasts at least 2 weeks unless it is raining. It takes a little longer to dry on the tire, but you can see you reflection in the tire like it is black paint freshly waxed.