1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Offroad Artic Cat 425i for Christmas (next year)

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by ChevyFan, Dec 23, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It's not going to happen this year, but I want to set a goal now to get one of these bad boys by this time next Christmas. Maybe two. We plan on looking for a place with a couple of acres and these will make having some land all the more fun! Not to mention that I want to get into more outdoors stuff with my boys like hunting and fishing so I need to start investing in that stuff now.

​ANYONE HAVE ONE OF THESE? IF NOT AN ARTIC CAT SOME OTHER TYPE OF ATV?

ArcticCat_2011_425-1.jpg

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

A friend of mine in Lillian has a couple of those weve been known to thrash around his ranch. There a lot of fun. When you lock the diff they can go through almost anything if you can get enough weight on the tires to keep traction.
  3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have a 99 Big Bear 350 2wd. That thing sat for over 4 years. On 12.4.11 I worked on it for about 6 hours and got it running again. My dad has a 02 Big Bear 400 4wd. Both atv's are really reliable. My dad's though as loads more power than mine due to gearing and being 50cc's larger.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I had been planning to buy a new, however maybe I should consider getting a used 1.
  5. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There's nothing wrong with a used atv. Its just like buying a used truck.