GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Article: 2012 Chevy Colorodo Redesign

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by ChevyFan, Jul 4, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

2012 Chevy Colorodo Pickup Replacement | Photos & Discussion

Looks like GM came out with the new design for the 2012 Chevy Colorado - introducing it first in Asia where it's actually a big seller and an important part of their lineup. What does everyone think?

2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-4.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-3.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-9.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-14.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-1.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-16.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-12.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-10.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-17.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-13.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-5.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-11.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-15.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-8.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-6.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-7.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-2.jpg
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

Not sure yet, looks pretty good. Kinda reminiscent of a Honda Ridgeline in some shots, which isn't a good thing!
  3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member

Thats the first thing I thought except this looks a little more manly. lol If they get rid of the cover on the back it would look pretty good
  4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

Yeah, I think it would look better without the cover.
  5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member

ditch the tonneau cover, make the front end look more like the Silverado and less like the Traverse, and put on some better looking tail lights. The tails in this pic look like ricey IMO. Also, I hope it comes w/ a 4 or 6 cyl. turbo diesel :great:
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member

X3 looks like Honda Ridgeline. Adam, does that right hand drive bring back memories?:glasses:
  7. Z71FTW

Z71FTW New Member

sweet interior just get rid of that avalanche/ridgeline looking junk
  8. ChevyFan

It's certainly a dramatic break from the existing styling and a million miles from the s-10 look and style.
  9. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

Right hand drive should read "correct hand drive"!
  10. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Member

Is this going to be the design? At first I liked, it, then I wasn't so sure. Now I'm starting to like it again. I wonder what all of the plastic and moulded body panels will do for weight. I'll be they try to keep it light and try to get the highway MPG up into the 30's. That would impress the hell out of me.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

I keep looking at this, I think it just depends on the angle ... in fact, if you look at the last photo, I think that looks great. That's the front shot. If you look at some of the middle photos, they don't look all that practical. I mean, do I have to have a covered bed? That defeats the purpose of the open bed for a truck, otherwise I'll get an HHR or something that I know gets good MPG.
  11. ajarman

ajarman New Member

The front quarter panal looks like it was taken right off the tundra. Why does it need the breather hole on the side?? Are they even functional? Why is everyone going with the LED light strips on the front bumpers? With the lid and sails looks like the older Holden Utes. But I am glad to see they went with round wheel wells....
  12. ChevyFan

I think this is a much different design than I had anticipated. I wanted to let it sink in before i make a judgement actually.

I do think that it is correct that this pickup will sell better overseas where they want slightly smaller trucks. I also agree that we should expect to see it get MUCH better gas mileage than the previous version of the Chevy Colorado or GMC Canyon. It is clear that it's lightyears ahead as well of the S10 platform - which was a good and stable platform for a whole generation of small-truck Chevy owners.
  13. Airborne Medic

Airborne Medic New Member

It looks nice but resembles a Honda. Personally I wouldn't buy one.
  14. retired2001

retired2001 New Member

I like the addition of items they added to the interior: upgraded stereo; steering wheel controls. It would be nice if they would bring over the diesel, too.
  15. WoodyW

WoodyW New Member

The steering wheel is on the wrong side for me. What engines are available?
  16. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member

Those are some pretty nice rims for stock. Besides that I'm not too crazy about the exterior.
  17. AllBlkdOut07

AllBlkdOut07 New Member

I threw up in my mouth. The tails are HIDEOUS, front looks too much like the cars/suv's in the Chevy lineup.
  18. 29Roadster

29Roadster New Member

From the front it looks like a Honda SUV and from the side it looks like an updated Chevy El Camino.
    I'll think I'll stick with my old 94 Silverado.
  19. 86silverado

86silverado New Member

honda

I agree, its looks like a cross between the ridgeline and a few of the chevy line-ups. I gotta cast a down thumb on this one.....and whats up with 'ASIA'?
  20. RVJ

RVJ New Member

I like it.