1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Article: 2012 Chevy Colorodo Redesign

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by ChevyFan, Jul 4, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

2012 Chevy Colorodo Pickup Replacement | Photos & Discussion

Looks like GM came out with the new design for the 2012 Chevy Colorado - introducing it first in Asia where it's actually a big seller and an important part of their lineup. What does everyone think?

2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-4.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-3.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-9.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-14.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-1.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-16.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-12.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-10.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-17.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-13.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-5.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-11.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-15.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-8.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-6.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-7.jpg 2012-Chevrolet-Colorado-pickup-truck-2.jpg
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Not sure yet, looks pretty good. Kinda reminiscent of a Honda Ridgeline in some shots, which isn't a good thing!
  3. Thats the first thing I thought except this looks a little more manly. lol If they get rid of the cover on the back it would look pretty good
  4. adampaul1964

Yeah, I think it would look better without the cover.
  5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

ditch the tonneau cover, make the front end look more like the Silverado and less like the Traverse, and put on some better looking tail lights. The tails in this pic look like ricey IMO. Also, I hope it comes w/ a 4 or 6 cyl. turbo diesel :great:
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X3 looks like Honda Ridgeline. Adam, does that right hand drive bring back memories?:glasses:
  7. Z71FTW

Z71FTW New Member

sweet interior just get rid of that avalanche/ridgeline looking junk
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

It's certainly a dramatic break from the existing styling and a million miles from the s-10 look and style.
  9. adampaul1964

Right hand drive should read "correct hand drive"!
  10. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Member

Is this going to be the design? At first I liked, it, then I wasn't so sure. Now I'm starting to like it again. I wonder what all of the plastic and moulded body panels will do for weight. I'll be they try to keep it light and try to get the highway MPG up into the 30's. That would impress the hell out of me.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

I keep looking at this, I think it just depends on the angle ... in fact, if you look at the last photo, I think that looks great. That's the front shot. If you look at some of the middle photos, they don't look all that practical. I mean, do I have to have a covered bed? That defeats the purpose of the open bed for a truck, otherwise I'll get an HHR or something that I know gets good MPG.