1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Article: Garage Parkers! How do you stop?

Discussion in 'vBCms Comments' started by ChevyFan, Nov 13, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

2. Wayne58

Wayne58 New Member

Stop assist in Garage

I use a Tennis ball hangin from the ceiling and positioned to hit in the center of my windshield <<< If I hit it I better stop quick lol I have 4 inches to spare !!!

- - - Update
  3. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 New Member 100 Posts

TENNIS BALL...it is easy to set up, costs $1, and you will never trip over it when you are carrying in a load of groceries. position it to meet the rear view mirror mount....
  4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Lucky enough now to have a huge climate controlled barn to park all my vehicles in used todo the tennis ball trick for the 65 cuz it was in the little garage slip. Cheap and easy
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

No Garage at home here But when I was down in Ga for 2 years I used a old tire in the back of the garage and when I backed in every night my hitch would just go in the middle and the tire would tell me Close enough...
  6. silverhobey

silverhobey Member 100 Posts

Caution......keep the kids away from Tennis Ball when dad is not home.
    Reason ......dad gets home and finds string only, with Baseball Bat on Garage Floor.

............gotta lov' em' though ......Brian from Canada
  7. Jamm3r

Jamm3r New Member 100 Posts

I have a truck mirror mounted on the back wall of my garage so I can see exactly how close I am. Allows me to park within 1" of the wall. More trustworthy than a tennis ball and nothing dangling to get in the way when doing repairs.
  8. DHChevy

DHChevy New Member

If you are close to a wall i use a piece of tape on the wall and i just open my door and line the edge of the door up with the tape. Works great
  9. forsakendemon

forsakendemon New Member

Never used anything to aid me, so far didn't need maybe I will set something up.
  10. 93pacetruck

93pacetruck New Member

I put a red brick on floor and outlined it with a marker so if I kick it I know where it belongs