Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Article: How To: Homemade Silverado turn signal mirrors

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by pmf608, Mar 25, 2011.

1. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Wow, really great job. I love free mods and I bet they look awesome at night. Well done and thanks for the pics.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Pretty creative...very impressive! Glad you shared, as this seems like something many will want to do.
  3. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Dude thats pretty cool
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I think its cool that this thread somehow made its way to the front page of the site too!
  5. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah man this is sweet! You may have just saved a lot of people a ton of money! Including myself!
  6. Tj07classic

Tj07classic New Member

if you go to any good hobby store you can get really bright l.e.d.s and they have different colors too. nice job on the mirror i will do the same ting now that i know thanks again.
  7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks great and I like the cost. How did you wire the lights? Is there power coming in for the signal or did you power in the cab?
  8. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Because mine is an 01, there is no existing signal wiring as that was not available until 2003. I believe that some (not sure about all) 2003+ trucks with power mirrors will have wiring to the mirrors already in place for this.

For the 99-02 trucks, you can get your power from the BCM under the dash. The power can be had from the brown plug, and the pins were B6 and B7. The light blue wire is for the left signal light. Dark blue is for the right signal. I tapped power from there, ran it to the doors, and grounded the lights to the bolts that are used to mount the mirrors to the doors.

If you have a 2003-2007 classic, I have also looked up that information for you. It is even easier on the newer trucks, as long as you have power mirrors already. If not, I'm not sure how to wire these since there is no signal at the BCM that I could see. For those that do, the driver side signal can be had from the light blue wire in pin 11 of the black plug on the bottom of your door switches (driver door module). For the passenger side mirror, get your power from the dark blue wire in pin 26 of your switches (front passenger door module).

I don't have access to wiring diagrams for 2007+ trucks, but if I'm not mistaken, I have read that the signal power is available at the door modules for the mirrors. All you would have to do to find out is pop you switches out from the top of the door panel and test wires with a multimeter to see if any of them work for turn signals. Since GM seems to like light blue on the left and dark blue on the right, I would suggest starting with those ones. If anyone test this or knows whether signal power is available on these trucks, post it up here for everyone else to know.
  9. grantwashington

grantwashington New Member

dang thats cool im going to try that out, thanks