Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

As promised pics of my Linex cover

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kiowamtp, Feb 7, 2010.

1. kiowamtp

kiowamtp New Member

Well, I have had my Linex cover installed for about a week now. I am more than happy with it. The price and look are great IMHO. I need to tighten up the front as I have bed caps and the front lip has a small gap that needs to be sealed better. A mere tightening down of the front latch support should work. Another option would be to get rid of the rails (always wanted to) but was worried about what the underside looks like once the rails come off. I imagine it is only 3M tape holding that on. Disregard the date, my daughter's camera was set up incorrectly!

I guess my feedback for Linex will be to increase the size of their front rail seal by about 1/4" to accomodate the bed rail option. I imagine there will be a little tweaking here and there from LineX as mine is only the 52nd off the production line. However, even with the gap I only had a small bead of water in there after some last weeks storms cells moved through the area.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tnhusker

tnhusker Rockstar

It looks good. Does it come completely off easily so you could use the whole bed if needed?

3. kiowamtp

kiowamtp New Member

The shocks come off as usual. A little flip of the lever and they pull off. Then you just raise each lid and slip slide each door off the hinge assy. The center portion is held on by standard lid/shell clamps. You merely loosen them and remove the top.

4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I love the look of your cover,saw this on TRUCKU on speed channel.Can you tell us what you paid for it?

5. kiowamtp

kiowamtp New Member

I paid 799 for mine delivered. Visit their website at http://www.linexcover.com/

899 for a long bed.

BTW people were wondering if it would be hard to keep clean. I have had it for roughly a month and it still is shiny and new looking without a wash I might add. I guess time will tell.

6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply.I'm in Canada so it will probably cost me a bit more but it looks worth it.Line X did my bedliner and i absolutely love it,i'm really surprised how easy it is to keep clean.Thanks again

7. kiowamtp

kiowamtp New Member

From their website: Canada shipping 75 bucks extra. Good luck.

8. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

can't say I've ever seen one of those but I like it a lot!

9. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That looks nice! Great job!:glasses:

10. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wow it looks just like the diamondback covers I have, and for half the cost which is awesome. I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine, glad to hear it stays clean cause I know mine sure as hell doesn't.