1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Ask GM Customer Service

Discussion in 'Ask GM Customer Service' started by GM Customer Service, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I also look forward to assisting those of you with questions or concerns. I hope that we can continue to work together towards resolution. Thank you all in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

2. wpauli

wpauli Member

Disappointed in GM

My saga of the faulty design of cab vents in my 2010 GMC Sierra 4dr 4x4 came to a crashing end (according to GM Customer Service rep - Jeremy) yesterday. I have been saddled with a design deficient vehicle since July 2010 and and after untold number of telephone calls form GM and my dealership as well as serveral trips (3) to service at my dealership the application of aftermarket materials did finally make the ride something we can stand. Still not nearly as quiet as the 2007 GMC Sierra that I traded in however.

Case #71919044538 with a customer service person, Jeremy: 1-866-790-5600 ext: 31241. Check it out and see if you think I was treated fairly. Obviously by my posting on this thread I do not think I was.

I believe the vehicle should have been repurchased by GM. For the life of me I cannot understand why the company would want a black eye like these vehicles running around the highways of the US. Of course since I am posting, GM would not agree to a buy back. So I asked for a match of car payments, meet me halfway, but this was not agreed to by GM. They had their mind made up, my continued loyalty had a price, and that price was two car payments, so around $960.00. So what that tells me is that it will be cheaper to find a new customer to replace my buying habits then it would be to retain me.

Three new GM trucks in a five year span, so my buying habits are something that I would have thought GM would like to have me continue. Unfortunately I can no longer be a GM guy due to the handling of my case. Is this how everybody is treated at GM?

I am going to file with the Better Business Bureau, and I am hopeful that a Class Action Lawsuit will begin so I can join it. From what I have read on this website and on others, there is talk of it since frustrations are running higher and higher. Seems like it would be easier to just take care of the customers.

3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

It looks like the agent used his full resources to assist you. I apologize for your frustration, but it does appear that the case was handled properly. If you have further questions, I would recommend that you contact your agent for more information. Please feel free to keep me posted.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

4. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

This is so typical of New GM. we resolved your case letter. Well they resolved nothing other than tell Ford they have a new customer headed their way. I hate the thought of driving a ford but gm obviously has no clue what loyalty and customer satisfaction mean.Must be all the chinese parts on my American name truck. Pathetic response Tricia.Did you cut and paste? It seems the same as all others posting.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

I believe a class acion lawsuit is all that we have hope for. GM has let down the American peole after we saved their butts.

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

So far every post/reply you have made has been Negative re-guarding G.M./Chevy and Nothing but Praise for......Ford.......So why don't you just go over to the Ford Truck Forum Now,

Here is the Link to Ford Truck Forum,
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 what Mike said. I'm tired of your whinning.

1 person likes this.
  7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Negative Nacy!!!

8. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There are always going to be a small percentage of unsatisfactory resolutions.
    It is true that Ford has developed good QC and pretty good products-LATELY- not always.
    On the other hand GM's QC(various surveys JD Power ) and customer satisfaction has also improved significantly over the last 15-20 years.
    GM has some significant advantage.
    Their trucks have a HUGE aftermarket, their major systems-drivetrains. brakes, frames are generally very sturdy and long lived-AND INEXPENSIVE TO DIY REPAIR.
    You can get parts for your GM in any town in the country,and the parts are cheap.
    If you plan to keep a vehicle for a long time this is a consideration- especially if you DIY.
    Fords are pretty decent now, but so are most GM trucks.
    BUT I can buy a NEW OEM GOODWRENCH motor for my 1998 Suburban (216,000 miles)for $2300 delivered curbside-a Ford would be 2.5X that-a Toyota probably 4X that.HECK FOR $5000 I can get a drop in 383E(would have to beef up trans of course)
    Can't please everyone,
    Charlie

1 person likes this.
  9. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Not to be a d*ck, but that's funny. Signed up & made 12 posts and already being told to go to the Ford forum. I in no way support people being rude from either side, but if Coach & WPauli like to complain about their rides this much they will fit right in with that Ford forum and probably shouldn't be part of the GM Truck Club. Some of the posts on that Ford Forum down right rude and unnecessary. You think that they would get along because they are all there due to their love for Fords, but guess again.

Thanks to all the active members that bring a positive attitude to GMTC! You guys are the best. GMTC Don't Go Changin'!......

wPauli have you read This Thread???

1 person likes this.
  10. wpauli

wpauli Member

You are driving a 1999 Silverado and you have the audacity to complain about people spending real money on new GM trucks with real issues? Give me a break...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.