Assault Rifle Ban in NY

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by the phantom, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That sucks. You'd think living on that much land people would be understanding, and giving you a hard time about fireworks is ridiculous. Within 1500 ft of me there are about 100 houses, and no cops on July 4th after shooting rockets.

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You guys seriously need to move. And what's with a 4x4 hibernating in winter? I suppose I don't understand owning a tool just for show...

3. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Too much $ to let it rust away. Its used just not in salt and snow. This way when I move when I retire (if when I get that age there is such a thing) my truck is still in tact.

4. SurrealOne

Again, you seriously need to move. :)

5. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I wish it was that easy. When I take care of my stepfather and his wife(house and yard maintanence, plowing driveway ect.) Grew up here (unfortunately). 15 year career with nice income increases every year. Although I am 45 minutes from PA I have considered that as an option but not sure if leaving my house that Ive customized the last 10 years would be easy to leave also. I looking at maybe a 5 year plan to get myself ready for a move/change. By then the company I work for might be ran by someone else (owner is 73)or not running at all and I will be forced to look in a different direction. But all of this is not to argue with you. I agree I need to move.:great:

6. Als09Sierra

At least we're not California...oh wait...

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

eh, im of the opinion that to heck with a a AR right now, im planning on getting a home defence shotgun of some sort. mossberg makes a 590 witha 8 shot tube mag, and no stupid pistol grip, so its still usuable for hunting. 12 gauge ammo is still availible for the most part, and with rifled slugs you can shoot plenty far.

i have a 25-06 for the long range stuff.

Alex

8. SurrealOne

Pistol grips are not stupid on home defense shotguns. They are intended to shorten the overall length of the firearm to make it more usable in close quarters, like a home -- where rounding a corner with a shouldered firearm can result in an intruder easily grabbing the barrel as it swings around the corner ... either deflecting the shotgun barrel away from him/herself or potentially disarming you, entirely. A pistol grip firearm is held tighter to the body and is shorter, resulting in a reduced chance of grabbing the firearm in such scenarios ... and less leverage to use against you if it's grabbed.

If you can only have one home defense firearm and it -must- do double-duty for hunting then you'd be smartest to use a pistol grip for home defense and to change the pistol grip to a shoulderable stock for hunting. It's a whopping one bolt to change...

9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i understand what they are for just fine, i just prefer a normal grip setup. to each there own.

Alex

10. Als09Sierra

Senator Feinstein submitted her national bill today. She wants to eventually dry up the supply of "evil" guns. I hope it doesn't pass.