1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

AT&T Rewards Points - SCAM!!! <VENT>

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by ChevyFan, Sep 7, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sorry, I just feel like venting. AT&T has a rewards program, it's really not a rewards program, it's a headache system.

First they don't just send you the cash, they send you something in the mail that tells you that you have rewards money available. Then you have to contact them to let them know that you really do want your reward. At that point they will mail you (like weeks or months later) a gift card, but here's the catch. You put it in your wallet, but you have to activate it with your PIN as part of your billing account number (not your AT&T account number, or your AT&T U-Verse account number - it's something different) and I have for like 3 months forgotten to hunt down that account number.

THE FINAL CATCH! The card expired after like 2 or 3 months!?!?!?! What's up with that? I just went to spend the money and the card is no good. I would have expected something like 36 months, maybe 24 months, not 6 months.

SCAM! I got fooled into thinking that AT&T would credit me money when they started talking about cash back when I signed up. WRONG. It's a major pain to get the rewards back and then you think you have the money but it dried up faster than a June bug in a Texas July.

Thanks AT&T for promising me an extra $400 back, which I never saw.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Update. They only give you about 7 weeks to spend the money, I just saw that the card was mailed on 6/4/2010 and it expired 8/2010. (Not sure if that was 8/1/2010 or 8/31/2010).

Just beware.
  2. craigandi

craigandi New Member

They got me with a similar program a few years ago. I called 9 or 10 times, they said different things every time. The last time they said I was not even in their system anymore. I canceled my service that day.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Total I was supposed to have received something like $350 total. Never saw a dime. That's the main reason that I went with the MUCH more expensive AT&T u-verse over TW Cable, I was going to get a bunch of money back, in effect making it cheaper.