Attention: GMTruckClub.com to Close Down (April Fools Joke!)

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Apr 1, 2010.

Newest Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

GMTruckClub.com to shut down effective the first week of April 2010

Sorry to say it folks, but it's time to move on, it's time to shut down GMTruckClub.com.

I've spent the past five years putting my heart and soul into this website because of my love for Chevy & GMC trucks. Ever since I was 19 and got my hands on a 1962 GMC 3/4 pickup I was hooked on GM - and I currently only own GM vehicles. Until recently I was planning on another new Chevy Truck in the driveway.

However, the world changed on me and it's time to face facts that the government will soon start to force all of us out of the trucks and SUVs that we love and into smaller cars that get a higher MPG. While usually I have been resistant to the loss of such freedom, maybe now it makes sense to change my attitude and go-with-the-flow.

Please don't think that I am "giving up", I've just awakened to the new political realities and have made a decision that I think is the best for me and my family.

I made the decision that starting later this week, GMTruckClub.com will no longer be operational as it will be shut-down and re-branded as a Smart Car enthusist website.

Let's talk about the Smart Car.

The Smart Car has the unique opportunity to be the vehicle of choice to help rebuild the US economy - one fuel-efficient mile at a time. While you can't haul a sheet of plywood in a Smart Car, or even have four passangers for that matter - and forget about drive-in-movies. You can in fact do what you usualy do everyday, drive to work semi-comfortably in an inexpensive and fuel-efficient vehicle.

In fact you'll love all the money that you save that you will hardly even notice the vibrations in the unibody construction as you head down the freeway at 60 MPH. After a while your body will get used to the tighter cabin space and I think that even things like muscle cramps after driving for 30 minutes will just be part of your daily commute.

What changed my mind? Texas will become the Smart Car State.

I recently read an article on the Smart Car of America website entitled "Smart car2go in Texas" and it changed my life. That's right, I'd love to see Texas go from the Lone Star State to become the Smart Car State! I have plans to help promote the use and acceptance of this great vehicle in Texas and across the US. I even have ideas for add-ons like a trailer package and diesel-inspired smoke stacks.

So, I'm sorry that the site that over 2 million people visit each year will have to shut down - but don't think of this as losing one website, think of it as a step into the future .... a SMARTer future.

Thanks and God Bless America,

Steve :great:

[​IMG]

UPDATE 4:45 PM
    I don't get it, it doesn't seem like anyone wants me to turn this site into a dedicated Smart Car Enthusiast forum.

Think of all of the advantages you get in a Smart Car

- You can reach over and set the passanger mirror without having to lean over.

- If you want to take a detour and drive through the park or down the sidewalk, people will think it's cute ... instead of running for their life from your beast of a Chevy coming down on them.

- No more pesky issues with finding a parking spot. Just pick up your Smart Car and take it with you. You might have to see if it will fit in your doors though, getting french doors is recommended.

- You won't have to worry about your friends asking you to help move their stuff in your truck anymore. In fact, people will probably even stop asking you for rides in general, that's a bonus isn't it?

- You could form a folk rock band with a retro-twist. Instead of singing songs about the sixties muscle cars, you could write songs and sing them about the new smart cars! Huh, can't you see that catching on? "She's real fine, my one-point-nine, yeah! My ONE-POINT-NIIIIIIIIINNNNNE" or "My extremely little duce coupe, you don't know what i've got ..."

I'm sure the other members to this site can come up with a whole list of other similar benefits that you get in a Smart Car.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. sc99z71

sc99z71 New Member 100 Posts

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!! I hope!?!?!?
  3. henrys021500hd

henrys021500hd New Member

I hope you are right!!!!!!!

If it is shutting down thanks to Steve for all his work and the best to him in the future. I'm covering all bases here.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  4. Flatman

Flatman New Member 100 Posts

Bwahahahahhaaaaaaaa!!!!
  5. AllBlkdOut07

AllBlkdOut07 New Member 100 Posts

Smart car? You mean deathtrap.
  6. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Member 100 Posts

HAHAHAHA, way to sell the smart car! That's right, forget about getting into the back seat at a drive in movie in a smart car. HAHA "drive to work semi-comfortably"! hahahhaahaha
  7. silveradfo24's

silveradfo24's New Member

Ye like we beleive you Steve.
  8. al2500

al2500 New Member

smart car

It should be interesting pulling trailers with smart cars. I'll need four or more.:lol:
  9. pmartin816

pmartin816 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Boy I sure hope its a joke.
  10. mgod12878

mgod12878 New Member

Say it ain't so :( tear, tear.. This website has been too helpful to loose :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.