Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

ATVs who has one? and what do you use it for?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by murdog94, Apr 5, 2011.

1. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I dont currently have an ATV of anykind. If i can find one i like for the right price i will be buying one. I want to use it to plow, and for hunting. Im not big on ridding them for sport etc since id rather be fishing and ride a snowmobile in the winter.
    But they have a great application for my needs and most people seem to be getting one type or another.
    Also if you have a side by side let us know since the sport models are fast and the utility models are real workers as well.

2. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

am looking at a KTM, sold my Honda 2 years ago

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I HAD 2 Hondas and both were great and had Great resale value and reliability.. For what you want it for I would look on Craigslist for a good local used one and sale lots of $$$$

Last one I had was a 92 Honda 300 4x4 bought new for $3700 sold in 05 for $2000 and it had a lot of Hard riding done...

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Im after a grizzly 660, just wondering what the rest of the users on the site have. Im not really in the market for one since im after another boat right now. That is why i was wondering who uses them because there are alot of people who have the sport quads that rip etc. Just nice to see who uses what for what since different parts of the country and the world have different needs.

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Been a long time since my ATV days! I bought an '89 Honda 250R back in 1989, and was that thing ever fast!

6. Rejekt xo

Rejekt xo New Member

ahh atv's. i love em! once i was old enough for a powerwheels my dad bought me an atv powerwheels and when he went riding theyd strap it to the back of their quads and take it off to let me ride with them! lol. back on topic. i have 2 currently. a 1989 honda foreman 4x4 350d thing is a tank i have a 2000 polaris magnum 2x4 325, thing isnt that bad on dry land, but once it hits water its crappy. i usually just take nice rides everyweekend its relaxing to me. this past weekend i took them up the mountain and did some rock crawling lol. had a blast. i also use them when im going camping i load up a trailer for a john deer tractor and tow it down to the camp site :) its great for hauling wood too!

edit:
    i forgot that in the winter we use the honda to plow, thing pushes a ****load of snow its amazing, saves a lot of time

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  7. mes4888

mes4888 New Member

Used to work at a motorsports shop, sold Arctic Cat and Polaris ATV's, I own a polaris sportsman. Easiest quad to use in my book!

8. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have a 1993 Suzuki KingQuad 300, It doesnt have the performance of the newer ones, and it burns a ton of oil, but its a good machine. I haven't used it for almost 2 years. I use it mostly when I'm out camping, or when I have some time to just go out for a ride. But, since I don't have room to store it at home (right now, anyway) I haven't been out to use it lately.

9. ajmac

ajmac New Member

sweet! what model? i've seen a 450 in the sx package at the dealership and it was very trick in stock form.

10. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I used to ride a Grizzly 600. It was always a blast. Reliable, too.