Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Audi LED Daytime running lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by roadking666, Nov 1, 2009.

1. roadking666

roadking666 New Member

Has anyone installed a set of LED's like the ones on the new Audi's. I have a 2006 silverado. I bought a set from Oznium.com and looking for a way to connect them. I was told I had to use a 12v limit switch because the truck runs at 13.5v and will burn the led's out. can anyone help? Thanks.

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Moved to Electrical

4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

im building my own led drl's. im putting 9 led lights on each side into the little filler panels under the headlights on my 2001 silverado. having them under there should help protect them from rocks. once they are both ready to go, i will wire them to the drl circuit and change my existing drl spot in the light housing to work with park/turn, like the one beside it. i will also wire the led drls to come on with the parklights so they will be on at night also (should be a cool effect)

- just throwing my design out there -

5. aboston

aboston Member

How is your LED setup coming along?

6. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i have both sides built, but i have only sealed the back of one side. i have tested both sides and they work, and are brighter than i expected. Once i get the wiring sealed on the second one, i will put them in and wire them to come on with the DRL's and with the parking lights. i will also post pictures.