Audio Issues with 2004 Tahoe

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by bnewell84, Sep 25, 2011.

1. bnewell84

bnewell84 New Member

Two days ago the Boss radio quite playing when I was driving home in my 2004 Chevy Tahoe. I could tell it was still receiving a signal because the song information continued to update. The next morning when I started my Tahoe I noticed the normal chimes when you start the car did not go off and the speakers where still not playing. After 5 min the radio starting working and continued to do so the rest of the day. The next day the radio and door chimes went out again. When the speakers were out and radio was on I plugged head phones into the rear seat jacks in the center console and could hear the radio through the head phones, but not through the car speakers.

2. SoundZman

SoundZman Rockstar 100 Posts

Sounds like possible the factory amp died. I only say this b/c the headphone jack doesn't need amplified signal. Probably not worth replacing the factory amp if this is the case. Might as well go with an aftermarket for the price.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Is that BOSS or Bose?

4. bnewell84

bnewell84 New Member

Thats what I think it is. Any suggestions on aftermarket amps to go with?

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

I meant Bose

5. Big_Ben

Big_Ben Rockstar 100 Posts

Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine are all good manufacturers of amps. Depends how much you wanna spend. I'm not up to date on the latest models, as it's been a while since I've done an audio system, but those are the 3 major brands I always look at first.

6. SoundZman

SoundZman Rockstar 100 Posts

Honestly it really depends on your budget. I would personally anticipate dropping about $300-400 for a nice quality amp. But you can also find something closer to $200 that should cover what's needed.

7. bnewell84

bnewell84 New Member

Turns out it was the AMP. I went to a junk yard and pulled a Bose amp out of a 2004 Chevy Suburban for $65