1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

audio question?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Foxracer, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Foxracer

Foxracer New Member

im looking at a 6 disc factory from a 04 colorado for my 06 silvy. its rds which i know need programed but will the radio swap work??? im getting this one in mint condition for 50 bucks shipped
  2. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The harness should be the same,however, is the dash the same as far as mounting it size wise?
  3. Foxracer

Foxracer New Member

idk i think so if not ill make it work.. thanks
  4. nmc2010

nmc2010 New Member

to be honest with you man your better off goin with an aftermaket. do you have the bose system in it?
  5. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I say go for it! Not sure about the harness though. Wouldn't be hard to match up wires though.
  6. Foxracer

Foxracer New Member

i dont want aftermarket, being in national guard still i want factory plus u like how the factory looks

they are same harness... finally got a hold my buddy that works from a chevy dealer and he said it should work it being rds just needs programed to the vin

radio cost 62 dollars shipped and program will be 40 dollars
    alot cheaper then aftermarket
  7. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Post some pics when you get it installed!
  8. Foxracer

Foxracer New Member

will do it has same mounting holes as my 06 silvy does
  9. dobey

dobey Member 100 Posts

Just to clarify… the need to reprogram the radio for the right VIN has nothing to do with it having RDS or not. RDS is a signal broadcast from radio stations, which lets you see song/traffic/whatever info, being broadcast from that station. A lot only broadcast the station ID. However, on most all newer GM vehicles, the radio is integrated into the VATS/PassKey setup.
  10. Foxracer

Foxracer New Member

vATS/passkey plz explain