1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Audio questions for Silverado owners

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by cenos16, Feb 26, 2008.

1. cenos16

cenos16 Member

I have an 05 Silverado and I just bought a Pioneer AVIC-D3X head unit today and I want to get started on installing it, along with an amp, as soon as possible, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about taking apart the console and the door panels. Anyone know how?
  2. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  3. cenos16

cenos16 Member

Thanks a lot man. I did a sound system like that in my buddies Colorado so hopefully it shouldn't be to hard with mine this time around. I was able to get the console apart and I got the stock head unit out, but the doors are giving me a pretty hard time and it looks like mine are different than the one in the link above
  4. drumrob

drumrob Rockstar 100 Posts

Dont really know how to go about it but I have that same Pioneer and it kicks ass. Let me know how you like it
  5. cenos16

cenos16 Member

I'm just gonna keep workin at it and hopefully it'll pop off relatively easy. Will do, I've heard a lot of good reviews on it. I can't wait till I get it installed. Do you have any other audio mods in your truck?
  6. drumrob

yeah I have I believe a 1,800 watt amp to push mu 12" subs that are under the back seat and the rest of my spkrs are stock. It sounds pretty good. I also added the rear view camera that helps soooooo much It was $80 well spent
  7. cenos16

cenos16 Member

that's pretty sick man. you ever gonna change the speakers? was that the camera that comes as an option with that head unit?
  8. drumrob

I will probably will but not in the near future they actually sound pretty good believe or not. Ive always wanted to put some JBL's but maybe later on. The camera actually I bought it separately but I think any camera works they sale some at best buy for about 80 bucks and you can use it in the day time obviously and night time, its very clear
  9. cenos16

cenos16 Member

I have no problem at all believing it. My truck only has one 12" sub and I think it sounds great for it being just that and everything else stock. But I see it as there's always room for improvement, so I plan on getting some CDT speakers once I have the funds for it. Sound's like a good deal. I'll be sure to look into that.
  10. drumrob

Cool when your done send some pics to see what it looks like. If you have any questions let me know