Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

audio speaker questions

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by WinRawr, Nov 25, 2009.

1. WinRawr

WinRawr New Member

im looking to redo all the speakers in my truck for christmas also including the receiver im trying to spend under 400 so any ideas would be greatly appreciated

ahh and i drive a 2000 chevy silverado LS 4.8L

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Crutchfield's is a Very Good outlet for Speakers.I picked up all my Speakers from them,all so everything I needed was included,Wiring,Hardware and Instruction.

Here is there Link,
    http://www.crutchfield.com/c_3/Car-Audio-Video.html

3. WinRawr

WinRawr New Member

yeah i checked it out but i was wondering what you guys prefer

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Some of the speakers to look at are,Kicker,JLAudio,Alpine,JVC Mobile....It come down to what you are looking to spend on speaker's and if you have a Aftermarket Stereo.I went with Kicker's and they sound Great.

5. WinRawr

WinRawr New Member

i was thinking kickers. i plan on getting an aftermarket stereo i was looking into kenwood what do you think?

6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I like pioneer audio equipment. I have purchased both nice 4 way speakers as well as cheap 2 ways. you can get the cheap ones from pioneer for 40/pair which work well. Or Crutchfield is nicer quality but more expensive (obviously)

7. 99'HEARTBEAT

x2 on Pioneer..Very Pleased with there Stereo's.

8. Padre

Padre Rockstar

Kenwood and Pioneer are both fantastic units. Both offer high quality audio at a reasonable price.

JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, Kicker, Jenson and Eclipse make good mid-level speakers.

Crutchfield's is a good place to look, but I wouldn't buy there. Their prices are on the very high side. Always, always compare.

Try Sonic Electronix and Auto Toys. Both are very good with their pricing.

The other 'trick' in putting in new sound is the wiring. Always use good wiring.

9. WinRawr

WinRawr New Member

now do i need component or no? i have no idea

10. Padre

Padre Rockstar

You will want a head unit, 4 speakers, and if you want a sub, then at least an amplifier for that. With a $400.00 budget you are going to be kinda' limited on what you can get. If I were you, I'd save a little more money so I could get a good Kenwood or Pioneer head unit. Then you can always add the speakers and subwoofer at a later date.

Also, if your truck has a canbus, you will need an interface. If it has steering wheel controls, if you want to keep those you will also need an interface.

Go to Crutchfield and use their "what fits my vehicle" section. It will tell you what you need, then shop for the best prices.