Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Audio System

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Rumpamuro, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

Finally got some pics of my audio system in my truck, take a look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im waiting for the $$ to change my deck.. im looking for the alpine double din touch screen. but i dont have 1800$ to throw away at that... yet... lol
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

nice setup dude. Nice and clean job with the amp, cap, and sub on the back wall. Your iPod's a bit scratched yeah? ;) I don't know if I'd go with an alpine double-din when you could get a Pioneer that would probably sound and look just as good, and be a helluva lot cheaper. Don't get me wrong, Alpine is a real nice brand, but in my opinion it is way overpriced for what it is.

:sign0018:
    On a side rant, I don't know why people put capacitors in their vehicles. Yes, it should help with the lights dimming when the bass hits, but I've yet to see a setup where the cap actually made a difference. If you have that much power that you think you need a cap, just get a fricking second battery, like a good yellow top optima or something. The reason your lights dim is because the alternator can't keep up with the spiked load, which a cap IS good for. However, the people that think they need caps are usually the ones that listen to music where the sub is constantly hitting for minutes on end. A cap really doesn't help you there because the battery and alternator can't keep up to refill the cap. Granted, a battery isn't an end-all either, only a higher power alternator would be, along with probably a second battery. However, just a second battery should keep you lights from dimming, and for a longer period than a cap could. Ok, I've ranted enough and stole the thread.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Huh, until now I was unaware that folks put in-line capaciters into their system, that's what's stored in that silver canister?

Careful now with your rants guys, it looks like a solid system .. better than mine, don't start a :fighting0040: on me though about capaciters!
  4. capacitors dont do anything but help u waste money, do what everyone does called the big 3 or upgrade to an optima battery.
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice job, Rumpy! Looks nice and clean. $1800 for a deck...oh my, I'd never get that past the wife..:tussor:
  6. Rumpamuro

thanks everyone.. yea i keep that ipod in the truck, i bought it for 20 and shes a 4gb, the funny thing is, i bought a brand new, second gen 8gb ipod, and apple has replaced it for the 3rd time. The cap was also a steal, i think at the end of the line, it came out to around $3.47 and doing the labour for my neighbours oil change once(brand new!) it has a digital display too, I use to be anti-cap b4 too, and im running "350w" RMS (birth sheet proves its got 467w RMS) amp, a 300w RMS sub, so i dont even need a cap. but after installing and proving it too myself that it works, i reccomend it. Dont get me wrong, adding a cap is no where near comparable to extra battery and altenator setup, but it does help. I use to watch my battery meter go back and fourth while driving or watch my headlights dim. after the cap, my batter meter only moves when i start the truck.

My favourtie part of installing the cap was reading the instructions on which way to wire to match ur needs, series, parralell, etc. I wired it the "best way" reccomended by the book, and it was no difference so i was convinced my anti-cap was right. butt then i thought, im gonna wire which ever way seems best to me. and it worked beautifully!

I wouldnt pay 1800 for it either, but i thought the only two touch navigation screens were kenwood and alpine, i hadnt really reaserched it yet lol i found the panasonic at the local best buy for 899$ on sale. still too much though lol im gonna wait for someone to have a used/"hot" one or just do a really big side job one day lol

BTW can anyone tell me how uplload pics i have a couple more of the stupid harness you have to have to keep stock "chimes, abs, air bags" but i cant figure out how to do it only the really hard way.
  7. Rumpamuro

heres the rest

[​IMG]
    stock deck still works can listen to 2 dif tunes at once haha.

[​IMG]
    Stereo Harness, Stock deck needs to be plugged in at all times (controls abs, airbags, etc.. Apparently)

[​IMG]
    Third brake light cover, gotta love it.