Audio upgrade

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Klutch Mclovin, Dec 10, 2011.

1. eightbol21

eightbol21 Rockstar

a friend of mine just gave me one of those. did you put it in your dash? i cannot find an install panel that does not have the slot in it

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

a friend of mine just gave me one of those. did you put it in your dash? i cannot find an install panel that does not have the slot in it

2. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

3. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I have personally had a pair of Alpine type R 12s and pushing them was a 1000w Xplode amp. As long as your box is deep enough and has enough air space then you will be more than happy with the results keeping your current amp. I was very sad when I had to sell mine. I bought my crew cab and there is not enough room for the 12in type R's. I am missing the massive bass I once had.

4. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

If you are talking about the Sony radio, its a complete head unit that plays your ipod/iphone instead of a CD. They are media recievers or "mech-less" radios cause the do not play CD's.

5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Like your engine it needs air to correctly perform, if your box isnt the correct volume then it just wont give you the right frequency of bass. you can also add fam baffling to helptoo. take care of the cheap things before you go and buy another amp. Is your wire setup correct for your wattage? is your amp set correctly? What style of box do you have a sealed box performs completely different to a ported one, they also have combo sealed and ported boxes too. are your subs firing into the bottom of the seat or into the floor of the truck. there are so many things to consider instead of just buying a new amp and pissing away $$$ of dollars.