1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

VOTE August 2012 ROTM Poll ~ Vote for your Favorite Truck!

Discussion in 'Ride Of The Month' started by ChevyFan, Aug 14, 2012.

?

August 2012 ROTM Contest

Poll closed Aug 31, 2012.
  1. aloxdaddy99 - 2011 GMC Sierra

12 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. AMac - 2011 Chevy Silverado

31 vote(s)
    48.4%
  3. the phantom - 2011 Silverado

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
  4. dsfloyd - 2004 Silverado 2500

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Here are the four entrants into the August 2012 ROTM content, in no particular order.
    (I am entering information for them as I go ...)

aloxdaddy99 - 2011 GMC Sierra
    [​IMG]

AMac - 2011 Chevy Silverado
    amac-truck.jpg

the phantom - 2011 Silverado
    [​IMG]

dsfloyd - 2004 Silverado 2500
    [​IMG]
    [MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION]; @aloxdaddy99; @AMac; @the phantom; @dsfloyd;
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  2. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member

Some beautiful trucks there. hmm im gonna have to wait for all the info of mods to be put in before i can vote tho. good luck to yall..
  3. AMac

AMac New Member

While I appreciate being a candidate in the August ROTM I have submitted a request to withdrawal. I would not be able to get a mod list together as I have a lot going on. There are some great trucks this month and my vote is in.
    Good luck everyone!
  4. ChevyFan

[MENTION=53354]AMac[/MENTION]; If you don't want to be part of this, then I understand and we'll just pull you out and the 50% of people who have voted for you will have to vote for someone else. Just a reminder, you don't actually have to do anything but sit back and let people admire what you have already done on your sweet truck. So a mod list is nice, but I think people can see for themselves that you did a bunch of solid work in customizing your truck. Just my $.02.
  5. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member

I wouldnt withdrawal from the ROTM. Its a very clean looking truck and i think you have a good chance at winning.
  6. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

I am surprised AMac has any paint left on her truck, she always has what appears to be the cleanest rig on the site. I wonder if she actually takes it out of storage?:rofl:
    AMac we all understand that it is your decision but goodness young lady look at the voting so far and this is a strong bunch of trucks.

I support whatever your decision may be but I am pulling to see you ride it out and let the votes come where they may.
  7. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts

I tend to agree with Amac as I also have mods in progress going on. Also the picture that was submitted for my ride is old and is missing a LOT of the mods that some other current pictures show including the brush guard removed, spikes on the flares, tinted windows, updated decals, well nevermind. Also to mention that we missed out on half of month. I was just assuming we would jump to September. But it is what it is.
    :no:
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

I know from inquiring about past selections that the pics that are usually chosen are selected in an attempt to present the trucks at roughly the same angles, if possible -- so that it's a kinda side-by-side type comparison. Deviations tend to be caused by someone not having a truck photo at a given angle, at which point the next closest angle is usually selected.

That's what murdog, said, anyway, when he was doing the selections ... and it seems like a sane approach.
  9. ChevyFan

I have a couple of thoughts on this.

First, to compensate for having a shorter month, I did a mass email blast that sent a lot of traffic to the site and votes are coming in already. I anticipate that this will have just as many ... if not more votes than the average month.

Second, if Amac really wants to back out (and I gave her a day to think about it) then I will remove her from the poll and that gives you a 1/3 chance of winning, instead of 1/4.

Third, if you have another newer photo of your truck, please make a new album and upload it. I will swap out the photos and/or go ahead and link to your albums so people can do a one-click to see more photos.
  10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts

Steve, I appreciate everything you do for the site and can understand that it can have exhausting tasks. I think a link to the ROTM nominees albums is a great Idea. I also think that if members are considered moderators some of the tasks the site requires should be delegated to the ones that can fullfill the needs of the site. Such as ROTM nominee choices, Having it up on-time for all fairness (Since there are only 12 a year), Moving misplaced threads to their proper place, ect. I am by no means complaining as I enjoy the site the way it is. Just giving some possible ideas to make it better. What would be wrong with the nominees choosing the picture they would like for the ROTM. Or some time to get a good picture in their album. After all it is a judged competition and if the only picture that is available is old or is covered in rain with windshield wipers on and is dirty certainly doesnt give the owner a chance to give his best presentation. Anyway I appreciate being one of the nominees this month and I hope that Amac will reconsider because I know shes gonna leave me in the dust. All the trucks that get a chance to be even nominated for the ROTM always have something about them that catches peoples eye. Thanks GMTC and good luck everyone!!!