Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

August 2013 Weekend Projects

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 3, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Who's got what going on for projects as we start to wrap up the summer months?

Seems like we've done so much this summer.

• got the garage door fixed (heat stress on the metal caused it to buckle)
    • started cleaning out the garage
    • got a resin shed in the backyard
    • put up some new 12x12 patio blocks out to extend the patio
    • cleaning up my home office for work being self-employed at home again (the wife keeps nagging me about that)
    • got some new furniture for the house
    • working on fixing the thresholds between the hardwood floors and carpets, they keep coming up
    • put up a new solar powered LED security light system outside
    • have a tree in the front yard with a split trunk (probably from the hot summer 2 years ago) that need to be cut down or at least topped.
    • have a bunch of other trees that need to be trimmed down
    • need to do some more fence work and extend the fence on the side of the house
    • probably have a ton of stuff that I'm forgetting.

20130717_150255.jpg 20130717_150307.jpg 20130717_150322.jpg

2. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I am going in for surgery in October, so I have to get a buncha stuff done.

1. finish going through ZX9R Ninja brakes, electrical and other stuff, detailing, etc., and get it back on the road.
    2. Finish pantry in kitchen.
    3. Get TR-6 off the four post lift, put M-6 on lift, finish restoring the TR-6, or make substantial progress to complete;
    4. finish putting together infra red sauna;
    5. sell a bunch of stuff on Craigslist, eBay or on web forums (like this one);
    6. Get Vulcan 2000 ready for run to San Diego in September.
    7. Finish sorting parts for show bike I am building.
    8. Complete multi amplifier swap in truck and fabricate adapter/enclosures for larger door speakers.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This light (a Heath Zenith LED unit) stopped working by springtime due to a developing a break in the line between the solar panel and the light/battery unity. I have tried to repair it myself twice now but it's such a hunk of junk (poor design for a hot climate anyhow) that it looks like I have a good connection but it's still not charging. I've got to decide if I want to re-wire the whole unit from the solar panel back to the plug or maybe I can get a new plug with a thicker gauge wire? Part of me just wants to scrap this dramatically overpriced lighting unit and install a hard-wired security light this weekend.

Anyhow, I can not recommend the Heath Zenith solar powered LED security lights. :-(

solarsec-500x500.jpg

4. ChevyFan

Can't even find anyone selling this anymore, that was just 12 months ago, must have been a turkey of a product.

5. ArlenGinth

ArlenGinth New Member

Seems like very nice project..Well there is plenty to learn and I would love to do implement similar changer..

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014