1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

August GM auto sales.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by stchman, Sep 5, 2013.

1. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

The August 2013 auto sales are out and GM is the #1 vehicle seller in the US.

2013 YTD
    GM
    Chevrolet - 1365544
    GMC - 303254
    Buick - 141880
    Cadillac - 119586

Total for GM - 1930264

Ford
    Ford - 1649821
    Lincoln - 53399

Total for Ford - 1703220

I am astonished that Chevrolet is 70.7% of GM's sales. I thought Buick would have been higher.

Now to the truck sales, Ford has a decent lead over GM in total trucks sold so far in 2013.

Ford F-Series - 499050

Chevrolet Silverado - 328269
    GMC Sierra - 122232
    Chevrolet Avalanche - 1525
    Cadillac Escalade EXT - 181
    Colorado/Canyon - 105

Total trucks for GM - 452312

That's right Ford makes ONLY the F-series when it comes to trucks. I can see why GM is cancelling the Escalade EXT. The new Colorado and Canyon should help GM get decent numbers and get some sales away from the Toyota Tacoma.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Chevy Always out sold Buick BUT over seas Buick is like a Rolls in some parts of the world..

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Does Mercury not exist anymore? Interesting numbers for sure. I read an article yesterday saying that auto sales are the highest this year than they have been in the past six years. Good news, I suppose.

4. stchman

Ford killed Mercury back in 2011. Ford just has Ford and Lincoln.

IMO, GM should do the same and have only Chevrolet and Cadillac.

5. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Agreed. I never understood why GMC still exists. Just make a Silverado and then a really nice Silverado.

6. stchman

There are still a LOT of people out there that think a Sierra is far superior to a Silverado when in fact they are essentially identical besides minor cosmetics and badging. I know I will get a talking to by the GMC folks on this forum about GMC's history and such, but I do feel that ~95% of the GMC folks would buy the Chevrolet equivalent and GM would not have to have as much duplication.

For 2014 there is the new Silverado High Country. With the High Country, what is the Denali for?

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

for various reasons, some of us like the Sierras better. got a problem with that?

Alex

8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hold your horses guys, lol.

Yeah, Fords been selling a few more trucks the GM. Theyve gone back and forth over the years though.

9. stchman

Nothing wrong with them, but they have to be a drain on GM as far as logistics for carrying all those different cosmetic parts which amounts to nothing more than just cosmetic differences. I could see if there really was a difference between the two trucks other than a grill and wheel well moldings.

If GM had only one full size pickup, then they might wrestle the sales crown that Ford does nothing but pimp everytime they can. As you can tell, Ford is EXTREMELY proud of that sales title.