Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

August Vacations???

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by ChevyFan, Jul 31, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We're looking at taking a trip up to Seattle this August. I've not been back there since 12/25/03 until about 1/4/04 ... something like that. We'll fly in and rent a car, stay with my sister to keep costs down, but it should give us some time with family and a few friends that I've not seen in a long time.

Anyone else taking a trip this August?

2. dshewy14

dshewy14 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah me and my girlfriend are going to myrtle beach next. my first time down there and im kinda interested to see what its going to be like. been a while since ive left good ol ky.

3. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'm taking the whole crew to MIS for the August race. This will be the first time that they all get to go at once - it should be an experience.

It's just a short trip, but they'll find something to get into, I'm sure.

Enjoy your trips!

4. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The wife and I are going to Mammoth Lakes, CA. It is an hour south of Yosemite. Of course we're taking the truck. I've set her up with massages and things like that while I scout for deer, bear and try some fly fishing fo trout. Sounds like one hell of an anniversery to me! Oh yeah there will be a bit of off roading going on.

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

We had planned to go to Las Vegas to visit my mom for 2 weeks, but she passed away so were still gonna go to Las Vegas (we prepaid for the trip and cant get refunded) where my mother in-law will meet us for a few days. Then I'm flying to Lake Tahoe for a week to wheel the Rubicon (woohoo my 25th trip across the Divide) with my brother, nephews, and a couple friends (8 trucks, sadly no Chevy's on the trail only Toyota's and Jeeps), then I'll fly back to LV for the remainder of the two weeks.

6. gatormike69

gatormike69 Rockstar 100 Posts

Come on down to the beach, we've got Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood,House of Blues, Ron Johns Surf Shop, Dixie Stampede, Carolina Opry, Medieval Times, Freestyle Music Park and a whole slew of other tourist traps for y'all to check out.

:glasses:The beach is always nice too...

Wife wants to head down to the Keys for a week in August..... Maybe I can get some deep fishing in while she's playing the tourist

7. ChevEE

ChevEE New Member

Bear tooth Mnts Mt, great travel

First off i have got to say i love the picture kidhauler. European vaction, parlamint , big ben, funny stuff. Are your kids named Audrey and Russ?Kidding. So to get to it if anyone gets the chance to cruise the Beartooth Mountains in Montana,,do so. Weather its my Suburban or my silverado we , the fam , go to montana every year. Lots to see and do. There is also the Bear tooth run , harleys everywhere, and just a great ride .2 or 4 wheels its scenic.

8. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

This coming weekend I'm heading down to TX for a day to pick up my step daughter. Can't wait to see her again, it seems like it's been forever. She's only met her 9 month old little sister twice unfortunately.

-Greg

9. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i wish i could take a trip but, im going bak to college this week. :(

10. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

got too much weddin stuff to pay for a vacation right now. we will probably go in the spring again somewhere in may while all the kids are still in school which means less people to piss me off