1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Auto Enhanced FICO Score

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Nov 29, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Just ran across this, thought everyone would like to know more. There is a difference between your standard FICO score and the FICO Auto Enhanced Score, sometimes called the FICO Auto Industry Option score.

Basically, it's weighted differently towards Auto history. In my opinion, it's something to avoid. Go to a dealer that before hand lets you know they don't use the Auto Enhanced Score.

Auto Enhanced Score Discussion - Forum discussion on them.
    Industry FICO Scores - In case you're told they don't exist.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Intresting read...thanks for sharing.
  3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

X2 ,excellent read
  4. ChevyFan

What does everyone think? Have you checked your credit score like mine with the companies like Transunion, etc. Then you go into the dealership and it's all different? I've read that 99% of dealers use this credit score, and I've also read that it's nowhere near 99%. I question why there needs to be two different scores, it seems like a game if you ask me.
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I get a monthly report that contains all three agencies' credit reports as well as the corresponding scores. To me, it seems like the dealers would want to improve the buyer's position rather than hinder it, since most "sell" their loans to banks, credit unions, finance companies, etc. Have you heard if this separate credit analysis is being required from the financial institutions?
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  6. ChevyFan

Here is another article on this subject. Personally, as a consumer, this really makes me angry that I have to monitor ANOTHER credit score, and it can be WAY off from the FICO score that you get from the agencies. All of the algorithms are secret too, so that really stinks.

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125574
  7. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

Steve, this sounds very informative and has got some viewers thinking and reading up thanks to your info. Up here in Canada, I have never heard of this kind of credit checking. We are from a small community, so I only deal with my credit union anyway. I do see how skewed things can get when the dealer tells you one score, and your record checking tells you another score ---almost makes you think one side is run by the government !!!!