Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Auto Leveling Compressor 2000 Burb

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chisoxguy13, Sep 22, 2009.

1. chisoxguy13

chisoxguy13 New Member

Went to the dealer and it seems my compressor for the auto leveling rear shocks is out on my 2000 Suburban 1/2 ton. I have searched and searched, but cannot find the part to replace it myself except for this one.

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_CHEVROLET_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid11_pid93_gid356.html

Has anyone tried it? Is there any other part besides a dealer part out there. Thank you very much.
  2. chisoxguy13

chisoxguy13 New Member

Well I ordered the part. If anyone has any input on this please let me know. I will post how the part worked or if it didn't.
  3. cadillacmike

cadillacmike New Member

it looks like it will work, but im glad you brought up that site, bc i need the two rear shocks for my 02 escalade, and i just gotta decide which to get, the bilstein, or the stockers. Thanks for the info, and keep us posted. I still need to figure out if i put the new shocks on, will the air system just kick in or not. Lol
  4. chisoxguy13

chisoxguy13 New Member

You shouldn't need to do anything except hook them up exactly how you unhooked them. I got the new compressor and after two of the three bolts breaking off at the bracket when taking it off the setup was still a little off. I had to redrill two holes because of the original bolts breaking so it wasn't the end of the world. All in all with a little mod it was well worth spending $180 compared to $600 from the dealer.