1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

auto parts store

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rf58, Jul 8, 2012.

1. rf58

rf58 Member

just wondering how you gm guys and gals rate these stores we have 3 in a row nappa auto zone and a o reillys. i lean twards o reillys.

2. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Well it doesn't matter to me, I have 2 o'rileys right next to me so since they are closer that's where I go. Otherwise I do most of my shopping online!

3. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I prefer O'Reilly over VatoZone or Sadvance any day. But that's only iffen I can't get the parts from the local ACD supplier (Holme's Auto Supply OR Berg GMC dealership)... I hate sending my money to some billionaire who doesn't need it. Support local economy!
    :sign0021:

4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm a napa guy all the way! Never had a problem with any of their parts and thats also where we get a lot of tractor parts so it makes it convenient to go there.

5. BoneHead

BoneHead Member

I've only got 4 options here in my home town. O'Reiley, Car Quest, Napa, and the local dealer. I usually go to O'Reiley because they're open when I'm working on my rig and the Napa here in town is WAY too expensive. Majority of the parts are 25% higher than the other places for the same pieces. I actually prefer the Car Quest here. It's used to be a small, locally owned place. Been in business for years ( I can remember going there with my grandpa when I was about 6). Most of the same guys still work there. Still has that locally owned attitude, however, they're only open until 5:30 weekdays when I'm at work, and 8 to noon on Sat, closed Sun. That's when I'm usually working on stuff.

6. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I prefer anything but NAPA, after the way they dumped all their reps. They gave no cobra, no disability insurance to those they owed it, no real reason for termination. 4 have since passed away as they had no health insurance. Many others had to use their 401k's and retirement(taking penalties) to survive.
    NAPA is highly overpriced and highly marked up in comparison to others. I prefer Ac Delco parts and can usually get from a wholesaler.

7. rf58

rf58 Member

that is good --- like the responce and reasoning.
    being open late is a good thing i like to look at how long the guys have been working there too. that nappa policy stinks.
    lets hope they are watching.. did you ever notice when you go in to a place how the employees great you. THAT MEANS A LOT TO ME.

8. Coach24

Most guys welcome me by name , at the places I buy from. I am well known in the parts business in this area. So that helps but most good parts stores try to know their regulars and treat them well.

9. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Also another reason i enjoy going to locally owned places. Greetings are usually something along the line of "Damn, BJ is here... what'd you blow up now man?!" HAHAHA

10. Coach24

Yup thats the kind of parts store, or any store , we need to support. When I ran a store I tried to remember every customer and call them by name. Not always possible but I figure 80% of my regulars knew my name and I theirs. I also knew there vehicles and made sure I had inventory so they need not wait for a delivery to come in.