auto parts store

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rf58, Jul 8, 2012.

1. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I use Ac Delco parts on my trucks but if i need something for the wifeys car or one of her family members vehicles i use NAPA...

2. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

And they are open early Sunday mornings in Memphis, TN for the correct GM curved heater hose to get my yappin' Aunt back on the road to Texas.Wasted two hours at Auto don't know Zones

3. 4x4squared

4x4squared Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I prefer autozone over the others, such nice people.... and i kinda work there lol. we dont have an o'reilly's up here so its just napa, advanced auto, autozone, or an auto value. but even before i was hired, i preferred autozone > the rest just because of the service. i used to go to the locally owned ones but the people there just werent very helpful....ever. you cant really say you like one company over another because, a lot of the times, its the workers that make or break your experience. theres a couple autozones that id prefer not go to before going to advanced, napa, etc.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  4. rf58

rf58 Member

You are right it is all about attitude
    my definition of attitude is
    it is the way you tell your self you can or you can't do something.

5. LoneWolf'burban

LoneWolf'burban Rockstar 100 Posts

O'Reilly's all the way for parts to keep the truck going. Or make it faster. For making it pretty AutoZone.

6. rf58

rf58 Member

i think so i have brake problems the abs light is on

7. 19suburban96

19suburban96 New Member

Napa gets my vote in my area. I'd rather walk into a greasy old parts store staffed by seasoned help than a bright shiny store. Oreilly and autozone have people working there who know nothing and give out wrong information as well as wrong parts.

8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

All depends on what type of part I am trying to get. What time of the day I am doing repairs and on some things price.

Napa- used alot as always have stuff in stock as one of their wharehouses is close by. Use it for suspension parts for the truck. when I am trying to get something to work on my Land Rover instead of ordering through a supplier, as I cant get any parts for it at any chain part store, I will go to a Napa as they seem (at least in the past) to have more reference material and older experienced people that will look for things that will work. Alot of the time its first choice.

O'rielly- probably the next most frequented. good selection, closer than NAPA, so I go there if I need something simple and generic. better hours than Napa.

Carquest- close by so i will check if o'reilly or Autozone dont have anything.

Autozone- I go there if I am looking mostly at price or just generic things as it is also just down the street. Sometimes they will stock more than O'reilly.

Summitracing- I look there alot as well if I dont need something right away and depending on what category I am looking in as certain things are more upgrade mods more than repair. Somethings are much cheaper (that are same brand as autozone and O'reilly), but no sales tax and S&H is 12.99 most of the time. so if its still cheaper I will get it that way.

Fortunately Napa, O'reilly, and Autozone I can look things up first online to see what they have in stock, prices etc.

9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I really only go to autozone or the others if I have a coupon for something. They have been putting $25 off of $75 or more on their facebook page. I prefer to go to the small independently owned parts store in town. This place is a tiny building that is a mess inside. But, the owner knows his stuff and will bend over backwards to find what you need. He also has a machine shop so he cuts rotor, mills heads, and so on. I have seen guys go in there with broken parts from the ride on lawn tractors and he will somehow fabricate a fix for almost anything. Yes, he may cost a few bucks more than the chain but again, keeping the money local.

10. lindadale

lindadale New Member

Nice discussions.I have my own truck and i always need to go auto stores.But i just love to do shop online rather than to go stores so i personally always prefer to online shops or stores