1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

auto ride

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by fastestbbc, Aug 17, 2009.

1. fastestbbc

fastestbbc New Member

Hello folks, first time post and desperately searching for a fix to my air ride system. I have a 01 Tahoe with auto ride. The compressor is good and when I individually actuate the sensors I can here is clicking to activate, but the compressor will not kick on. Any thoughts on a fix or further trouble shooting? Also where is the the relay to force on as a short term fix?
  2. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

have you checked for power at compressor that will tell a lot.and there should be a relay locator in your owners man.
  3. fastestbbc

fastestbbc New Member

power

Nope I am not getting any power to the compressor. Bench testing the compressor it works fine. I saw somewhere else a guy had an issue with the pressure switch. so far I have not been able to find the relay either.
  4. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

if there is a air tank the switch will be close dont know that system to well check for power at relays and go forward from there. fuse first
  5. fastestbbc

fastestbbc New Member

Checked Fuse it is good. still not seeing which relay is for the Auto ride. the pressure switch is on the compressor. I guess I will see if I can jump it.
  6. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike New Member

figure out what dtc's you may have. a bad pressure sensor (theres 4) will cause the ebcm to keep the compressor off
  7. fastestbbc

fastestbbc New Member

I will have it scanned. Nothing is on for dash lights indicating a problem. 4 pressure switches??? are they at the shocks?
  8. Jacqson

Jacqson Member

There are no pressure switches on the shocks. The wires you see on the shocks only monitor the shock compression, damping and adjust them electronically from the Suspension Control Module depending on road conditions and how you are driving. Even though the compressor adds pressure to the rear shocks to give you the load leveling feature the rear height is determined by the positon sensors attached to the shocks. If your compressor is not being activated you probably have to check somewhere within the compressor system, not on the shocks. Also, the fuse for the Autoride is marked RTD and it is in the large fuse box under the hood.
  9. fastestbbc

fastestbbc New Member

I just got back from towing a boat for a 1000+ miles and I found that the compressor kicked on one time. leveled out and never turned on again. the only thing I fooled with was the pressure switch mounted to the compressor. 3 wires going to it. 2 of the wires have 5 volts supplied with key on. I assume only one should be voltage supply and 2 should be output to monitor the high and low output. Basically a switch. Anyone have the exact location of the ground wire on this??
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009