1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Auto up windows

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by tmas, Dec 3, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. tmas

tmas New Member

New Silverado and the windows will go down with one click, but won't go back up. Is there a way to change this?
  2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member 100 Posts

I don't believe so... Not without some serious re-wiring anyway...
  3. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yeah I'm sure its a thirty cent peice but we don't have it. Even my brother in laws 179 dollar a month volkswaggen has them. I wish there was a swap too!
  4. zachh1020

zachh1020 New Member 100 Posts

Isn't that prevented for safety reasons?
  5. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member 100 Posts

Another good point... LoL
  6. ChelleCaz

ChelleCaz New Member

I think you can change the window control module, L/F switch, to one from a GMC Denali. They have the Auto Up feature.
  7. egreg

egreg New Member

I know how to do it for free. What's the catch? You will have auto up, but no auto down. Simply reverse the polarity of the plug to your regulator!:lol:
  8. ChelleCaz

ChelleCaz New Member

There are perameters that will not be exceeded when the windows go up. the switches are designed to operate at a certain amperage (load) and when that load is exceeded when un the up direction the switch will automatically reverse. Check with your dealer or a wrecking yard. Get your part and install it and try it out. I haven't done this myself because I don't want to mess. I have an 08 LTZ Suburban and I don't want to mess with the warr.
  9. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

someone put egreg in a trash can, or lock him in the humor section! :fighting0088:
  10. JKDubb

JKDubb New Member

I have Auto Up Windows... I had an aftermarket alarm added with remote start (Autopage C-3 RS 730). When I had it installed I added the window module ($35)and now I have auto up windows. Yep I hit the switch and up they go. My alarm will also roll up my windows when I arm it and roll them down if I like when I disarm it.