Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Auto Vent Shade Removal Tips?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Hwy St*r, May 14, 2009.

1. Hwy St*r

Hwy St*r Member

Recently got a coupon for free hand car wash so I took my '05 Silverado well they use these big broom like brushes and one of the guys must have hit the back corner/end of the passenger side AVS visor and cracked the end right off! The manager upon being informed immediately offered to pay for replacement and installation. Great to know someone still has good business practices. He was so nice about it I told him I would do the install myself afterall how hard can it be? Any tips for removal of the old from those who have done it? Plus any tips to make the re-install easier would also be appreciated.

Thanx, -Pete.

BTW: They did a really nice job cleaning the truck up

2. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Rockstar 100 Posts

You can use a hair dryer to warm it up , that will loosen the adhesive enough where you can pull the old one off. With the left over adhesive you can either get an aresol adhesive remover or 3m make a sponge like adhesive remover that you can attach to a drill. After you get all the old stuff off, just make sure the area is clean, i believe the shade comes with an alcohol pad as well to insure a clean surface. then its all peel and stick! Ill be replaceing my passenger side one soon as well, unfortunatly i did the same thing cleaning it my self :grrrrrr:. Good luck!