Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Automatic Lights, how do i turn them off?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by $ilverado, Feb 22, 2009.

1. clarkie152

clarkie152 New Member

justt out of curiosity....why would you do this?

2. dpscranton

dpscranton New Member

if its night and you want to pull into someplace discretely you can turn off the lights.... hooking up with someone in the parkinglot at night in the winter?? shut the lights off and stay in the car with the heat on

3. clarkie152

clarkie152 New Member

ah. now that i think of it it makes sense. Im just used to having the option of putting them al to off

4. How do you turn this option back on? dome override 3 times again?

I would like to do the same thing, for a different reason, but I would want to have the immediate option to reset this. I do rely on this feature. In the morning when I leave for work or come home late, my lights shine right into the neighbors windows. As soon as I release the brake it lights their room right up and I find I have to hurry to move the truck. I have the 1999 Silverado LS.

5. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

this IS indeed the temporary solution to the problem you experiencing,
    however,
    I took it one step further, if you google automatic headlight resistor mod, or something around that youll find topics on pulling off the top of your dash to unplug the sensor and put a resistor in its place. worked for me for over a year now, i like manual headlights... i might have done a writeup as well on it, not too sure

and now i realized ive just resurrected a 4 year old thread:neutral: